Top 5 UCI Engines

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ampzilla

Top 5 UCI Engines

Post by Ampzilla »

What are the top 5 UCI engines that are free Could some one post links

Thanks
Johnny
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Re: Top 5 UCI Engines

Post by Laskos »

Ampzilla wrote:What are the top 5 UCI engines that are free Could some one post links

Thanks
Johnny
Funny, top 5 free UCI engines are stronger than the best commercial engine, Rybka 4, with a very high confidence. So, I will not provide a link, just buy Rybka 4, as some funny guys on a commercial site TalkChess will say that Rybka 4 is better at probably infinite time control :)))) in a match of two games (these are TalkChess testers, they have to discover a discipline named "statistics" :)))) ). Only a hint, the name of the best engine, at all time controls, in every position, on every hardware no more than 4 cores for now begins with H*. For >4 cores there is another name (sorry, not Rybka 4, just buy it, that's all), but it's strictly secret, for these TalkChess commercial affairs, ask FBI.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Laskos wrote:
Ampzilla wrote:What are the top 5 UCI engines that are free Could some one post links

Thanks
Johnny
Funny, top 5 free UCI engines are stronger than the best commercial engine, Rybka 4, with a very high confidence. So, I will not provide a link, just buy Rybka 4, as some funny guys on a commercial site TalkChess will say that Rybka 4 is better at probably infinite time control :)))) in a match of two games (these are TalkChess testers, they have to discover a discipline named "statistics" :)))) ). Only a hint, the name of the best engine, at all time controls, in every position, on every hardware no more than 4 cores for now begins with H*. For >4 cores there is another name (sorry, not Rybka 4, just buy it, that's all), but it's strictly secret, for these TalkChess commercial affairs, ask FBI.
I disagree about the part of very high confidence.

http://www.inwoba.de/

2985>2974 but when the possible error is 15 the confidence that the engine with rating 2985 is stronger is not high.
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Houdini - http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm

IvanHoe - No idea which version is best, so no link

Stockfish - You can find it all over this forum. Of course, I recommend my little fork which uses the Gaviota tablebases, but some people say it's worse (though this might be Dann Corbit's fault :D ;))

Critter - http://www.mediafire.com/?jkjpnzk5yg5p0e3

And #5 is probably Spark, Komodo, or Gull. Use the forum's search feature to find related topics and download links.

Peter
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Uri Blass wrote:
I disagree about the part of very high confidence.

http://www.inwoba.de/

2985>2974 but when the possible error is 15 the confidence that the engine with rating 2985 is stronger is not high.
There are many better testers. LOS of 99.99% at many time controls means something to you? I wouldn't bet on Infinite Time Control, that's only God or a commercial site like this one could answer.

To help that poor man, for >4 cores the name of the best engine (free or commercial) begins with I*, and is free. You here, at TalkChess, are really making a mess out of clear things.
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Thanks
Johnny
Here you can find free strong(er) UCI engines. Stronger than Rybka 4!
http://www.chesslogik.com/
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Quod erat demonstrandum !

Post by Sylwy »

Laskos wrote: TalkChess will say that Rybka 4 is better at probably infinite time control :)))) ........()()()()()()()()()()()()()() !
Yes ! Yes ! YES !
Deep Rybka 4 is the best !
At TC = one move/millenium + one century increment is fantastic !
Was demonstrated in CCCCC !

So friends............your money please !

:lol: :roll: Silvian :roll: :lol:

PS: Lucas Chess 4.00 Portable Beta6 is FANTASTIC ! And free !
http://www.mediafire.com/?ohpxqpyqksd1ex8
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Thanks
Johnny

www.open-chess.org

OpenChess is dedicated to independent, open discussion about all topics in computer chess, including those which are controversial. Members are requested to be tolerant of one another's viewpoints.

www.open-chess.org
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Thanks
Johnny
Fire 1.1 with the "Dr. Wael Deeb settings" is nr 1!

Settings:

Pawn Hash: 64
Pawn Value: 120
Knight Value: 325
Bishop Value: 325
Rook Value: 600
Queen Value: 1170
Bishop Pair Value: 65
Verification Reduction: 8

With these settings FireBird 1.1 ( the strongest Fire engine) is in good condition.
In my personal tests FireBird is approximately 20 elo stronger than Deep Rybka 4.

I feel a lot of elo is saved for the rental version of Rybka, so Vasik Rajlich did not care much
about this Rybka 4, what a shame.