Black Friday Sells + EGTB

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jshriver

Black Friday Sells + EGTB

Post by jshriver »

Kinda late now sorry, but wondering if anyone else in the states was able to pick up those 2TB drives from Target on Friday?

I saved up ended up buying 2 of them, so 4 TB :) and planning to use 1 jsut for the full 3-4-5-6men egtb set.

-Josh
Mark

Re: Black Friday Sells + EGTB

Post by Mark »

jshriver wrote:Kinda late now sorry, but wondering if anyone else in the states was able to pick up those 2TB drives from Target on Friday?

I saved up ended up buying 2 of them, so 4 TB :) and planning to use 1 jsut for the full 3-4-5-6men egtb set.

-Josh
I already have a 1.5TB drive with the full set, so I didn't need one, but yes, the 2TB drives were a great deal at several stores. I think I saw them for $99 or so. I noticed that the 1TB portable drives were on sale Friday for $90. (I did pick up a 750GB portable drive for only $63+tax at Staples yesterday to use for backups.) When they come out with the 1.5TB portable drives, that'll make it easier to mail drives back and forth for sharing tablebases, etc.
luisrodg

Re: Black Friday Sells + EGTB

Post by luisrodg »

I saw 500GB for sale at Walmart for $39.99

I didn't buy it because I simply have no use for it now, but I'm sure I will regret it later.
B.S. in Mathematics
M.S. in Mathematics
Ph.D student in Mathematics.