Sorry I have jumped to the other side

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Sorry I have jumped to the other side

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mhalstern wrote:Vas has stated at least once, that at most, Rybka gained 20 elo from his having studied the Fruit code.
Yep,and Vasik is a priest,he doesn't lie at all....
When $ fly all over your visual field,well yeah,you can lie as much as you can....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Graham Banks wrote:
Milos wrote:
mhalstern wrote:Vas has stated at least once, that at most, Rybka gained 20 elo from his having studied the Fruit code.
Did he also made a statement about existence of Santa Close since that one would be more convincing.
Vas gained 800 elo from studying and also copying Fruit code. More precisely he gained 800 elo by translating Fruit into bitboards and by trashing out in total his original mediocre engine also named Rybka.
Having spoken to somebody who has a copy of the early Rybka, the basis of the original weaker engine can still be seen in Rybka 1.0.
Do you consider this person is more likely to be telling the truth than Bob, Zak and everyone else who has told you from where Rybka 1 originates?
mhalstern

Post by mhalstern »

I have no idea who CC is. If he is watching this thread, please comment.
Milos

Post by Milos »

mhalstern wrote:I have no idea who CC is. If he is watching this thread, please comment.
Hint: "thinkers" guys moderator...
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

kgburcham wrote:"Vasik Rajlich wrote:
Yes, the publication of Fruit 2.1 was huge. Look at how many engines took a massive jump in its wake: Rybka, Hiarcs, Fritz, Zappa, Spike, List, and so on. I went through the Fruit 2.1 source code forwards and backwards and took many things."

To justify this Vasik statement I will tell myself that Vasik had verbal secret legal permission from Fruit author to copy "many things" from Fruit 2.1 source.

Modified kns and depth from Rybka program to fool anyone that might possibly get an idea from Rybka real kns/depth.

To justify this modification in my expensive Deep Rybka 4 program I will tell myself that Vasik is such a high level programmer that if he reveals his normal kns/depth such as 4000kns instead of 400kns, then other programmers will say, "Damn there it is 4000kns, now I know exactly what Vas is doing and all I have to do is get mine to play 4000kns."

kgburcham

Prior to the BB report when asked in his video interview if Fruit played any part in the development of Rybka , Vas clearly, and directly replied, no! (not verbatim). But, now it would seem his selective amnesia has passed, and he has changed his mind. Incidentaly, one could postulate that Vas is either very confused about Rybka's origins, or just purely a liar. Opinions will vary, of that I am sure.