Vasik's Contribution

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tomgdrums

Re: Vasik's Contribution

Post by tomgdrums »

Milos wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:Have you exchanged email with him or had any other personal interaction, or are you forming your opinions based on the sole criteria of what you heard someone else say?
How does he react in personal mail correspondence is completely irrelevant, it can only show your personal bias.
His numerous lies, deception and fabrications, selfish only money-driven behavior, false accusations, readiness to violates terms and contracts (GPL), mudslinging, attitude that the cause justifies the means, total lack of any respect towards customers, this all makes him nothing but dishonest and immoral person.
Thinking about such a person as a nice guy is certainly not something you should be proud of...
Actually, how a person responds in private is usually a better indicator of character!!

So maybe you should reevaluate your comments.

And did you actually call someone else a mudslinger??

Really?
ovidio123

Post by ovidio123 »

Have the people at Chessbase released their code for Fritz?
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Why should they? Fritz is too weak engine to be a clone of any engine out there ... :lol: :lol:
ovidio123

Post by ovidio123 »

:D
The fact is that when Fritz, or Shredder, or Tiger, or Junior, were in the top, nobody asked for their source code....
fern

Re: Vasik's Contribution. wait a minute....

Post by fern »

It depends as how you define "contribution". Sometimes could be a great leap, as when Einstein developed special relativity theory. Or it could be an accumulative contribution, as an engineer does each time he see a way to perfect a combustion engine.
Vas no doubt has contributed even if he just refined a bit his evaluation. In fact, he has been enough of a contributor to becomes a predilection target for hackers and clone makers.
I cannot say, not being programmer, if his contribution was low, medium or high level. But he did it. He made of Rybka a paradigm
Now we can say anything. We can say his work is not much. Whatever. I do not consider polite, necessary or conducive to nothing this continuous fight about Vas. Nevertheless, the sheer fact he has got so many enemies make me think well of him.
I say all this not as a Vas fan, I do not even have his products.

My best
Fern
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

fern wrote:It depends as how you define "contribution". Sometimes could be a great leap, as when Einstein developed special relativity theory. Or it could be an accumulative contribution, as an engineer does each time he see a way to perfect a combustion engine.
Vas no doubt has contributed even if he just refined a bit his evaluation. In fact, he has been enough of a contributor to becomes a predilection target for hackers and clone makers.
I cannot say, not being programmer, if his contribution was low, medium or high level. But he did it. He made of Rybka a paradigm
Now we can say anything. We can say his work is not much. Whatever. I do not consider polite, necessary or conducive to nothing this continuous fight about Vas. Nevertheless, the sheer fact he has got so many enemies make me think well of him.

My best
Fern
Nice balanced view Fern.

By the way, you do not have to buy his products as all his old stuff is free

http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new- ... a_fossils/
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
fern

Post by fern »

I have some free Rybka, but being free I do not consider it to be a "product". It is output.... :-)

Fern
Milos

Post by Milos »

Kirk wrote:By the way, you do not have to buy his products as all his old stuff is free

http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new- ... a_fossils/
Funny is, even though there are a couple of known versions before Rybka 1.0 beta, nothing is available, like it never existed. Why would a man be ashamed of his own chess engine? Maybe coz that one is original and something completely different...
bhlangonijr

Post by bhlangonijr »

fern wrote:It depends as how you define "contribution". Sometimes could be a great leap, as when Einstein developed special relativity theory. Or it could be an accumulative contribution, as an engineer does each time he see a way to perfect a combustion engine.

My best
Fern
Fernando, I got the idea but I think there is a little incorrectness (someone correct me if i am mistaken please): The special relativity was also developed using accumulative "contribution" by Henri Poincaré, Minkowski and Riemann (differential geometry). Somehow everyone is standing on giant shoulders. :)

Regards,
fern

Post by fern »

Again it depends of how you define contribution,m this time GREAT contribution. :-)

Fern