Martin Bryant Site

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Martin Bryant Site

Post by fern »

MB site does not work. Anybody knows where I can get at him and/or what happened to him or site?
I wanted to know some news about his progressive colossus versions for UCI protocol.
Any info will be appreciated

Fern
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Re: Martin Bryant Site

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Hello Fernando,

Is that your usual attire for pictures, for television programs and booksigning sessions? I thought that Latin Americans always wore pants! You look like Kasparov in his Dacha! No offense, I don't mind what you wear!

For information about Martin Bryant I think you best ask Thorsten Czub who I think may know more about how he is doing. I understood that Martin Bryant got divorced from his wife but was otherwise okay, but probably busy with other things than Colossus at the moment. At least that is what Thorsten posted, it was about a year ago. Thorsten does not post here anymore or maybe is still banned, but he could be reached on his own forum still http://schachcomputerwelt.foren-city.de/ or on openchess.org I believe I've seen him post.

That's all I know, maybe on the HIARCS forum you could learn more, Fernando

Best,
Eelco
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
fern

Post by fern »

Thank you pal.No, I do not use shorts in my job, but I do in my home in Summer. Easier to get up of my desk from time to time and go to the big pool I have in my beautiful and huge house.
You are invited.

Fern
fern

Post by fern »

Else: In do not understand German....
F
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Thank you Fernando. That means a lot to me. I do not know what else to say. A swimming pool sounds wonderful! Maybe I could illegally build one on my roof but the roof would not be able to hold the weight and would probably collapse. The building is a very good seismometer but I don't know if it is very strong. There is a lot of water already on the roof usually but is all ice at the moment, it being an usually cold and early winter here in the Netherlands and Europe.

Maybe a skating rink like in Central Park where Steve lives would be an option, or a roof garden, but it's not allowed I'm afraid. A guest room would be a good idea, and then you can come visit too whenever you feel like coming over. Shorts are allowed but a bit cold I think here at least outside. Trying to save a bit on the heating but it is still a very comfortable 20 °C where I sit thanks to the computer here and with all the heat going to the top room, I'm not being all that efficient with the energy.

Fernando, best to you!
Eelco
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan