Setting up a FICS-like server

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Setting up a FICS-like server

Post by hgm »

Well, this output is over 10,000 lines, so I cannot post it here...

If Max can e-mail me the output of the mentioned command (run in the src directory of the Lasker-2.2.3 download), I could subject them to automatic comparison.
stevenaaus

Post by stevenaaus »

I've been thinking about expanding Scid vs. PC's FICs feature to use other servers, but FICs is so popular, and most (all?) other servers charge fees, and i've been discouraged.

But hosting my own server would make testing a lot easier. Sorry for not trying to install or read the README first (i've got the latest tarball), but should i persevere installing "lasker"...or is my thinking all noob and askew ?
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Lasker is very FICS like, although FICS has some additional commands that are unique to FICS. ICC is quite different from either of them. So if you want to make SCID support ICC, Lasker will not be of much help.

WinBoard only officially supports FICS/Lasker and ICC.

If you want to tet on Lasker, you can also test on the Lasker server I am running (at 80.100.28.169, port 5000). There are no limitations there to what a guest could do. But (like when you would run your own) there are no people there.
stevenaaus

Post by stevenaaus »

Ok... Thanks.
Denzwell

Post by Denzwell »

hgm wrote:Well, this output is over 10,000 lines, so I cannot post it here...

If Max can e-mail me the output of the mentioned command (run in the src directory of the Lasker-2.2.3 download), I could subject them to automatic comparison.
Hi
there are too many errors when I compile lasker . Is it possible to use your program already compiled.
Or i cand send to you password of user cheessd and you will see problems.
Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Post by Sven »

Denzwell wrote:
hgm wrote:Well, this output is over 10,000 lines, so I cannot post it here...

Hi
there are too many errors when I compile lasker . Is it possible to use your program already compiled.
Or i cand send to you password of user cheessd and you will see problems.
Did you notice my reply in this thread a few days ago? In case you did, is the original problem of a file being generated incompletely still present, or are you now facing a different problem?

Just in case the "incomplete file generation" problem is still present, my proposal was to find out why this happens, because this could also help to explain other aspects of your problem.

Sven