Fabien's open letter to the community

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Xann

Re: Fabien's open letter to the community

Post by Xann »

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:It is not required to register copyright, but:
Gian-Carlo,

Long time no see ...
I heard you're already a big name in computer Go!

Fabien.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

SzG wrote:I am lost in this avalanche of post so I must ask someone to enlighten me: if all Fabien saw was his own code and the Strelka code, how is he to know what was the way Rybka was made? He has only the same two source codes at his disposal which have been there for studying for more than 3 years.
So what is new here that makes some posters think Rybka is illegal?
Nothing, of course. But some posters have an ax to grind with Rybka, and they don't really need any facts (new or old) to swing it.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Xann wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:First thing came to my thoughts after reading the article is a huge lie Vasik was spreading through all these years....that he,Vasik,contacted Fabien regarding the fruit-Rybka affair and Fabien is fine with it and even doesn't care which as I wrote turned out to be a huge lie....
Dr.D
I confirm: no contact with Vasik.
I would like to have a pointer too.

Thanks,

Fabien.
And thanks from my side Fabien....
Do you how many insults and bashing I've suffered through the last 2-3 years trying to shed light on the real nature of Rybka's fanboys idol and his lies with no success....
I rest my case regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

SzG wrote:I am lost in this avalanche of post so I must ask someone to enlighten me: if all Fabien saw was his own code and the Strelka code, how is he to know what was the way Rybka was made? He has only the same two source codes at his disposal which have been there for studying for more than 3 years.
1. Strelka 1.8 gives almost identical output to Rybka 1.0. You can see that on my similarity graph posted in this thread, and Uri's examples.

2. Vasik personally claimed Strelka 2.0 sources as his own. Funny.

Now, if Strelka is Fruit 2.1 derivative, as Fabien implies, then...

Kai
Last edited by Laskos on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

hgm wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:The man is a liar, why can't people see this?
Well, being a liar is not illegal, when you are not given evidence in court. To be a successful lawyer / businessman / politician lying is an indispensable skill. At some point, you have the choice between being a liar or a moron. Do you really expect him to say, when he has a 150 Elo lead over all competition, who are desperate to catch up: " O yeah, Ryba is exactly like Fruit, except for an added King safety term and twice faster because it uses bitboards". How long do you think it would have taken the competition to close that 150 Elo gap,in that case? One week? Two,perhaps?

Of course he lies. That just shows he is no idiot.
Yeah but his lie is why I had no problem buying Rybka. I thought it was okay. Now it seems as though it wasn't, so his lie has consequences. Your reasoning is morally incompetent at best.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

slobo wrote:
hgm wrote:Your logic is definitely flawed. The correct should be:
At some point, you have the choice between being a liar or a no-liar. (...)
Of course he lies. That just shows he is not honest.
You are just sour he took you for a fool. But remember who was the fool! :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Laskos wrote:
1. Strelka 1.8 gives almost identical output to Rybka 1.0. You can see that on my similarity graph poste in this thread, and Uri's examples.

2. Vasik personally claimed Strelka 2.0 sources as his own. Funny.

Kai
Sweet :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
slobo

Post by slobo »

SzG wrote:
slobo wrote:
You are confused. Mr Rybka and Fabien are disputing Strelka´s code.
I told you I was confused.

I repeat: what new is there as an evidence for many posters here that Rybka is a stolen work.
The newest one is that Rybka´s codes suddenly became lost ( or deleted), and cannot be examined by experts anymore.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
Xann

Post by Xann »

bob wrote:Of course, this is nothing new to those of us that looked and listened in the first place...
Bob,

We never really met, so, nice to meet you!
I am sorry that many people apparently did not listen to you.

Fabien.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

hgm wrote:
slobo wrote:
hgm wrote:Your logic is definitely flawed. The correct should be:
At some point, you have the choice between being a liar or a no-liar. (...)
Of course he lies. That just shows he is not honest.
You are just sour he took you for a fool. But remember who was the fool! :lol:
Again, your reasoning is morally incompetent.