Fabien's open letter to the community

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Fabien's open letter to the community

Post by hgm »

Roger Brown wrote:H.G.!

I hope you know that you just lost all of your lawyer friends. Prepare to be sued!

:-)

Later.
Actually my lawyer did try to sue me once, (over his pay). He lost, of course! :lol:
Last edited by hgm on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

SzG wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
SzG wrote:I am lost in this avalanche of post so I must ask someone to enlighten me: if all Fabien saw was his own code and the Strelka code, how is he to know what was the way Rybka was made?
Does the fact that Vas claimed Strelka is a Rybka clone answer your question ? He even stopped ChessOK (or Convekta ?) from marketing Strelka.
I think the main reason of my confusion is that 3 years ago nobody demanded us to remove Rybka from our lists...

The facts presented here have been there since early 2008.
Proof that Rybka is a Fruit derivative has been presented since Rybka 1.0 beta, though some people will never accept any amount of proof as adequate.

For 3 years this controversy has not been enough to demand of you to remove Rybka from your lists ?

You may consider including Houdini and co instead of removing Fruit clones.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Xann

Post by Xann »

Roger Brown wrote:Hello Fabien,

You will not remember our association but it has been a while since those days with testing Fruit ideas with Ryan.

All the best in life.

Thanks for Fruit and that genius of a program - Polyglot which has not killed Winboard but made it even better than ever.

:-)

Later.
Hi Roger,

Nice to see you again!

Indeed I don't always remember who did what, but it seems you were present from the very beginning.
Good memories!

I hope Leo and the others are fine ...

Fabien.
swami

Post by swami »

Xann wrote:
bob wrote:Of course, this is nothing new to those of us that looked and listened in the first place...
Bob,

We never really met, so, nice to meet you!
I am sorry that many people apparently did not listen to you.

Fabien.
Oh, wow. Welcome back, Fabien! :D
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

JuLieN wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Damn,this thread is taking over mine related to the match against Excalibur Ivan II in terms of popularity :lol:

:wink:
If I'm not mistaken, the absolute record in terms of posts is the thread entitled "BB+ on the matter", with 253 posts, and the most poplar one in term of view count is the one entitled "On Robots", with 69043 views. ;)

Records are made to be broken.
This one will be the record crusher,believe me :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

AdminX wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Damn,this thread is taking over mine related to the match against Excalibur Ivan II in terms of popularity :lol:

The server might be crashing soon! :lol:
:lol:

_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

To add some humor to this situation can someone please link this thread to the Rybka forum. I'd like to know how many milliseconds it will last. :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Robert Flesher wrote:To add some humor to this situation can someone please link this thread to the Rybka forum. I'd like to know how many milliseconds it will last. :lol:
Felix will destroy it in 3 milliseconds including the time to read it :lol:
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

SzG wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote: Proof that Rybka is a Fruit derivative has been presented since Rybka 1.0 beta, though some people will never accept any amount of proof as adequate.

For 3 years this controversy has not been enough to demand of you to remove Rybka from your lists ?

You may consider including Houdini and co instead of removing Fruit clones.

Matthias.
Hi Matthias,

Controversy means that anything can be right. When there is controversy among experts, there is confusion among the masses. When confused, you either stand still or move. Your choice, either can be right.
Nice, while confused, Gabor has two states:

1. Gabor is confused, test Chessbase confusing engines
2. Gabor is confused, ban free confusing engines

Kai
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

Robert Flesher wrote:To add some humor to this situation can someone please link this thread to the Rybka forum. I'd like to know how many milliseconds it will last. :lol:
has been linked for some time -- http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=20625