Fabien's open letter to the community

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Re: Fabien's open letter to the community

Post by Volker Pittlik »

Christopher Conkie wrote:...
Better make some more popcorn.

:)

Chris
Salty for me please. And a beer.
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

And here is an absolute useless post to celebrate the fact that this thread is now officially the biggest one ever on CCC! :D
(But it is one of mankind's aspects to celebrate about anything, so let's celebrate!)

At the moment I'm posting : 542 posts and 69049 views.

It wins on both charts :
- most posts (ancient record looks pale by comparison : 289 posts in the "Robbolito 0.09 New Edition VS Rubka 3" thread)
- most views (ancient record : 69043 in the "On Robots" thread)

Congrats and kuddos to all for this wonderfully useless achievement ^^

(Trying my best to make this thread a joyful one...)
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Xann

Post by Xann »

Volker Pittlik wrote:Salty for me please. And a beer.
Hey there!

I was starting to think that the WB Forum (assuming it is legal to mention it here) was behind NSA firewalls.

Fabien.
Don

Post by Don »

However if it were possible to measure the combined quality of the posts, this one would probably come up short :-)
JuLieN wrote:And here is an absolute useless post to celebrate the fact that this thread is now officially the biggest one ever on CCC! :D
(But it is one of mankind's aspects to celebrate about anything, so let's celebrate!)

At the moment I'm posting : 542 posts and 69049 views.

It wins on both charts :
- most posts (ancient record looks pale by comparison : 289 posts in the "Robbolito 0.09 New Edition VS Rubka 3" thread)
- most views (ancient record : 69043 in the "On Robots" thread)

Congrats and kuddos to all for this wonderfully useless achievement ^^

(Trying my best to make this thread a joyful one...)
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Don wrote:However if it were possible to measure the combined quality of the posts, this one would probably come up short :-)
Do you think a "threads quality comparer" could be done, Don? I trust that if someone can that would be you! :lol:
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Xann wrote:
Volker Pittlik wrote:Salty for me please. And a beer.
Hey there!

I was starting to think that the WB Forum (assuming it is legal to mention it here) was behind NSA firewalls.

Fabien.
You know something Fabien. You may just have hit upon yet another good idea.

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/

At least you know that they will only allow the serious in there and you may actually get a resolution to all of this.

I better warn Andres and Olivier first although......Talk about a baptism of fire....

:)

Chris
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Damir wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Xann wrote: I refine:
Fabien.
Hi Fabien, please let me ask some questions:

1 At the time when you had contact with the computerchess scene for the last time, was there any form of contact either via direct talking or via email or postal messages betweenyou and Vas? If yes, was this about a sort of agreement from your side if Vas would have wanted to use some of your ideas and or code - since at the time you might have signaled your wish to let it all behind and leave the scene?

2 Did you imply with your first message few days ago that you really had no contact nor knowledge of anything from CC for about 5 years until "yesterday" as you wrote when you took a look for the first time (in 5 years)? Where did you live then? Top secret military institution, please could you give us some details about that, because it looks so suspicious.

3 Talking about the real reality. Do you see a difference in the open and known reputation of Vasik Rajlich, who was with you attenting some World Championships and totally obsure figures like the strawmen behind the "hippo" cosa and now some hidden Houdini magician?? When you stepped into it yesterday or a day before, did you consider the probability for some legal issues from that aspect? Are you familiar with the law problem especially in Russia considering the Strelkas?

Since I'm not at all an expert in CC I must tell you that it would be strange if I would now discuss anything with you. My interest came from psychology. I wished that I could inspire a debate about the given points. Thanks for now.
Your first post here and with such disrespect and arrogance. IMO, I think mods should ban you and not allow you to come back here.
Fully Agreed,

BTW, i checked about fabien, He lives in Lille (so that's correct) (Rijsel for the dutch people) and he's in the Lille Go club. He is the tresholder there.
I only lives 50km from Lille so i could check for all those who think it's a fake one....

Best
Johan
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Damir wrote:
Your first post here and with such disrespect and arrogance. IMO, I think mods should ban you and not allow you to come back here.

Hello Damir,

I see this as a problem. There are members here who do not understand banning and such. Let me give a brief tongue in cheek explanation.

:-)

First off, one looks at the post then the poster.

Had, say, Christopher Conkie posted this, some-one whose intelligence I respect, even where I violently disagree with his approach or perspective, then I would have taken note.

This is typical for Rolf so why get excited by it?

So, no banning.

Not even the contemplation of it.

Later.
OliverUwira

Post by OliverUwira »

Oh my gosh. I just take a couple of weeks of leave from computer chess and meanwhile something like this pops up... :shock:

So now here is my initial question: would there be any way to print out a complete topic or do I have to click through all of its pages?
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Roger Brown wrote:
This is typical for Rolf so why get excited by it?
Perhaps you could explain what Fabien could have meant with

"I just want to clarify a few things. Sorry if that's old but there is some misunderstanding I need to fix, and I found out only yesterday. Bear in mind that I am mostly unaware of what has happened for five years though."
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz