Robert Hyatt

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kgburcham

Robert Hyatt

Post by kgburcham »

Robert are you ok this morning?
Hope you and your family are ok.
How much damage to the university?
Lots of damage in Pleasant Grove in the news.

kburcham
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Robert Hyatt

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

kgburcham wrote:Robert are you ok this morning?

kburcham
Yep,a devastating hurricane :shock:
I hope Bob & his family are ok....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Mincho Georgiev

Post by Mincho Georgiev »

Sorry to hear that, hopefully everything is o.k.
Dayffd

Post by Dayffd »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

kburcham
Yep,a devastating hurricane :shock:
I hope Bob & his family are ok....
Dr.D
+1
David S.
Norm Pollock

Post by Norm Pollock »

Hope Robert and family are OK.

This was another monster of nature. It was a series of Tornadoes, not a hurricane. I think the main difference is that with a hurricane you have some warning, but with a twister you do not.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

http://74.220.23.57/forum/viewtopic.php ... ht=#404871

He posted this morning. I imagine he's alright and likely his family or he wouldn't be posting today.

But I'm glad some people here are actually concerned.
Terry McCracken
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

There are power shortages everywhere in Alabama, now, so probably in Birmingham too. Plus the devastation everywhere probably put Bob's mind a thousand miles from talkchess. Still, it's a worry :( Hopefully Bob will come soon to tell us he and his family are safe.

My prayers will flew to the USA, tonight.
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

JuLieN wrote:There are power shortages everywhere in Alabama, now, so probably in Birmingham too. Plus the devastation everywhere probably put Bob's mind a thousand miles from talkchess. Still, it's a worry :( Hopefully Bob will come soon to tell us he and his family are safe.

My prayers will flew to the USA, tonight.
Well Said Marcel
Wishing Bob and His Family..
Shelter From the Storm Regards
Steve
bob

Post by bob »

kburcham
We are OK. We had major tornados north, south, east and west of us, but thankfully none on top of us. The folks in Tuscaloosa, North Birmingham and points east along that incredible 3+hour on-ground track were not so lucky. "The" tornado went just north of UAB as well, perhaps a mile or two at most, so no damage there other than tree limbs broken by the wind caused by the inflow.

Lots to be thankful for, many died, many more injured, and major parts of Tuscaloosa look like a bulldozer cleaned out both sides of a major highway, nothing left but the slabs. Debris from Tuscaloosa was found in Gadsden, 100 miles east. This was some storm.

This was one of those "perfect storm" scenarios. It had been predicted for a week. Just the right atmospheric heating, humidity, uppper-level wind shear. Every storm that fired up started to rotate and then dropped a tornado. And as the storm drained the energy stored in the atmosphere, they spun up into ferocious tornados. One was on the ground for over 3 hours, starting in Mississippi, passing thru alabama, and crossing over into Georgia, leaving a 1+ mile swath of destruction all the way. Like an enormous bulldozer would do.

Thanks for the concern, thankfully my family and I are all OK. Others were not so fortunate.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

Doctor Robert.
A pray to the God of love, with all respect, for helping your people, your country, yours famelies.
Sincerely,
Pablo Ignacio Restrepo
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.