Robert Hyatt

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Re: Robert Hyatt

Post by fern »

We are all happy you are OK. A pity those who lost their lives. I am afraid that your country will be afected more and more by those atmospheric monsters as much more and more energy is confined and available to feed the things.
I hop I am mistaken and this was, well , just one of those things...
a hug
Fern
gerold

Post by gerold »

Happy to hear you and your family is ok Robert.

Best,
Gerold.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

gerold wrote:Happy to hear you and your family is ok Robert.

Best,
Gerold.
+1
gbanksnz at gmail.com
UncombedCoconut

Post by UncombedCoconut »

bob wrote:We are OK. We had major tornados north, south, east and west of us, but thankfully none on top of us. The folks in Tuscaloosa, North Birmingham and points east along that incredible 3+hour on-ground track were not so lucky. "The" tornado went just north of UAB as well, perhaps a mile or two at most, so no damage there other than tree limbs broken by the wind caused by the inflow.
I'm glad to hear this good news after this enormous tragedy.
Mincho Georgiev

Post by Mincho Georgiev »

I just heard the news. They said that there was 150 tornadoes in total !?
Unbelievable!
bob

Post by bob »

Mincho Georgiev wrote:I just heard the news. They said that there was 150 tornadoes in total !?
Unbelievable!
Latest tornado count was over 160. And the body count continues to climb. Last announced total was 204 deaths in Alabama alone, and 305 (and counting) total. The largest previous outbreak death total was 311 back in 1974. Folks are still sifting through rubble, and there are still people missing, so the total will almost certainly eclipse that old record, not that breaking that particular record is a good thing...
Dayffd

Post by Dayffd »

Graham Banks wrote:
gerold wrote:Happy to hear you and your family is ok Robert.

Best,
Gerold.
+1
+2
David S.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

bob wrote:
Mincho Georgiev wrote:I just heard the news. They said that there was 150 tornadoes in total !?
Unbelievable!
Latest tornado count was over 160. And the body count continues to climb. Last announced total was 204 deaths in Alabama alone, and 305 (and counting) total. The largest previous outbreak death total was 311 back in 1974. Folks are still sifting through rubble, and there are still people missing, so the total will almost certainly eclipse that old record, not that breaking that particular record is a good thing...
What a tragedy....I feel for all the people that lost their life & for their families....a horrible strike of nature indeed :(
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
bob

Post by bob »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
bob wrote:
Unbelievable!
What a tragedy....I feel for all the people that lost their life & for their families....a horrible strike of nature indeed :(
Dr.D
Death total now stands 221 in alabama, and 313 overall, to make this the deadliest tornado outbreak in history. And the body count is still expected to rise as wreckage is cleared.