winboard /singleEngineList=true

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

winboard /singleEngineList=true

Post by hgm »

I have added an option to WinBoard that allows you to completely tget rid of the separate lists for first and second engine. With /singleEngineList=true (a persistent option, that will be saved in the ini file), the combobox for second engne in the startup dialog will also display the /firstChessProgramNames list, but when you select it, it will be installed as if all the /fd, /fUCI etc. options had been /sd, /sUCI, etc. (The way it works is that it does actually install it as first engine, but I added code to swap all engine-related options, and this is then called both before and after loading the second engine.)

A beta version implementing this options is a http://hgm.nubati.net/WinBoard-TM.zip .
Giorgio Medeot

Re: winboard /singleEngineList=true

Post by Giorgio Medeot »

Hi H.G.,

this, with the tournament manager, are features I will really enjoy. I'm grabbing the updated WB and I will give it a try as soon as possible (alas, my notebook just died :( ).

BTW, when you feel like to update the language file for the new dialogs and menu, just put a note here or in the WB forum, or PM me your request.

Again, thanks for your work!

Later,
  • Giorgio