playchess sysops/official complaints

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

poisonedpawn

playchess sysops/official complaints

Post by poisonedpawn »

hi,
does anybody happen to know where i make an official complaint about the service i have been met with at playchess, or by a particular sysop to be more exact. i have made a complaint to CB themselves but been met by closed ranks and simply being ignored. my countless emails have so far resulted in one automated reply that meant absolutely nothing and in no way dealt with my complaint. surely there must be some official body that deals with online servers and shoddy service.
i know one thing, icc will be getting my money in future.
the geeks shall inherit the earth
Albert Silver

Re: playchess sysops/official complaints

Post by Albert Silver »

poisonedpawn wrote:surely there must be some official body that deals with online servers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

they don't care, they will call you a taliban (this is how a sysop there called me), insults over insults and false accusations over false accusations, more: news item 189 at the Arena page. There are a lot of complains but this seems to be their politics. They have tried to close down a wellknown German forum. So my advise go to ICC or FICS, better interface, resonable sysops, better live broadcasts...

At ICC you will not be muted or kicked by a sysop just that he can show he you "what I can do" I love my screenshot showing this :)

I might finnaly publish my ChessBase article but I got engaged and was in a peacefull mood...

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
poisonedpawn

Post by poisonedpawn »

well it was said that i said, and publicly mind...'all muslims are cheats'...the exact chat was - other user 'i dont like abads'...me, 'no me neither much'
this was then relayed in public as 'djbl said all muslims are cheats' without my being even able to challenge this BS or defend myself, but i have many supporters on playchess who know this is BS. this is entirely unnacccepatble. apprntly my lieske has this text at his disposable from the 29th/3-th may, however my many requests to see said text have resulted in absolutely nothing and i think i would like to take legal action over this. this is pure deformation of character at the very least.
and btw, i do not really want to hear the views of a CB lacky - i.e mr 'CB are just the greatest as long as they line my greedy pocket' silver
poisonedpawn

Post by poisonedpawn »

arabs*
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

in germany you can adress your complaint to the

http://www.verbraucherzentrale.de/en/index.php

The consumer centres in the 16 German federal states offer advice and information on issues of consumer protection, help with legal problems and represent the interests of consumers at the federal state level. For information and advice contact the consumer centre in your federal state.

The umbrella organisation, the Federation of German Consumer Organisations (vzbv), represents the political, economic and social interests of consumers at the national level. Here you can find current information on consumer policy.
Chessbase is sitting in Hamburg as far as i know. so
i would contact the german consumer organisation for hamburg
and complain about chessbase and the server-politics.

i am sure the consumer-organisation will also help
you in a lawsuit at court against chessbase. they absolutely
like to fight for german customers against companies
who misuse the rights of the customers.
the german consumer organisation is a big organisation
in germany. they could e.g. bring the incorrect behaviour
of the company into television in prime time.

just make sure your complaint is in good english and
with evidence supporting your complain.

if you want to contact directly the television shows in charge for
helping customers, i would advice to adress to
the show: akte 2011.
they fight in germany for customer rights in television.

http://www.sat1.de/ratgeber_magazine/akte/

they have quite an impact and i am sure the company you
want to complain about would not like to see their name
in a case
shown in one of those critical TV shows.

if you need further help, just let me know.
Last edited by mclane on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
poisonedpawn

Post by poisonedpawn »

thank you very much
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

:wink:

its a pleasure.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
poisonedpawn

Post by poisonedpawn »

seems that i wud have to me a resident of germany to use this service, but thanks anyway, i think i will just make this a regular criminal matter, im sure slander laws cover most of europe now that we are all signed up to the same hymn sheet anyway.
if this is the way CB treat their 'customers' i dont see much long term chance of their busioness being a great success and in time ICC will put them out of business. word gets around and i had previously seen many such things about CB sysops only i hadnt believed them myself, but this is no way to treat paying custimesr and i will not accept it.
and this is a challenge to CB to produce evidence of their accusations, but i know 100% they wont, why? because they cant and i think they underestimate how many users are supporting me on this.
poisonedpawn

Post by poisonedpawn »

holger lieske...

'Hello,
I have read the chat from 29th/30th May again. I have nothing to take back. You appealed then and today to the lowest emotions. You are close to hate speech. This is not acceptable.
I tried to build you a last bridge but this was obviously not appreciated. Rather disappoiting cheapo [sic] open and latent nationalism, racsim and ethnic hate.'

so mr lieske in this case let me see this text myself, show us this text please, i have asked oh, 100 times now. funny how he will spend all day rifling through old chat records yet a simple cut n paste is too much time n trouble...strange. or am i simply meant to just accept his word for it and admit my guilt?