RIP for my Superconnie

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

RIP for my Superconnie

Post by fern »

In a moment of forgetfullness I plugged the electrical cord of my Superconny to the wall, directly, which was a serious mistake as current voltage here is 220 Volt and the adaptor operates for the paltry 110 used in US, so I think I fried or the adaptor or the electronic board. In any case, it is dead.

the funeral service will be performed tomorrow at noon. I will serve a modest but sustantial bufftet in my home
mhull
Full name: Matthew Hull

Re: RIP for my Superconnie

Post by mhull »

fern wrote:In a moment of forgetfullness I plugged the electrical cord of my Superconny to the wall, directly, which was a serious mistake as current voltage here is 220 Volt and the adaptor operates for the paltry 110 used in US, so I think I fried or the adaptor or the electronic board. In any case, it is dead.

the funeral service will be performed tomorrow at noon. I will serve a modest but sustantial bufftet in my home
That's machineslaughter, Fern. Second degree murder of a priceless machine. Plead guilty and throw yourself on the mercy of the court and its presiding judge. May Steve B have mercy on your soul.
Matthew Hull
fern

Post by fern »

I confess my crime and I am already on my knees waiting the sentence. I will not appeal. I know I deserve the last penalty. I will go to the scaffold as a man and I will yell to everybody there about my crime and how they must educate his children to avoid such a painful destiny as mine.

220 volts regards
Fern
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

fern wrote:I confess my crime and I am already on my knees waiting the sentence. I will not appeal. I know I deserve the last penalty. I will go to the scaffold as a man and I will yell to everybody there about my crime and how they must educate his children to avoid such a painful destiny as mine.

220 volts regards
Fern
You may have only blown your adapter. If not...
...Firing Squad, 6:00am Regards,
Terry McCracken
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

mhull wrote:
fern wrote:In a moment of forgetfullness I plugged the electrical cord of my Superconny to the wall, directly, which was a serious mistake as current voltage here is 220 Volt and the adaptor operates for the paltry 110 used in US, so I think I fried or the adaptor or the electronic board. In any case, it is dead.

That's machineslaughter, Fern. Second degree murder of a priceless machine. Plead guilty and throw yourself on the mercy of the court and its presiding judge. May Steve B have mercy on your soul.
Forget it Matt
this is the SECOND computer in one week that Fern has destroyed
last week it was the Fidelity Champion Sensory
this week the Super Conny
it seems no oldie is safe in Ferns hands
only a few days ago a small portable chess computer was seen trying to escape a bedroom window from Fern's house using a makeshift rope out of bed sheets..lost its grip and shattered into 100's of pieces
Enough!
I'm calling in the
Schachcomputer Police Regards
Steve
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Steve B wrote:
mhull wrote:

Forget it Matt
this is the SECOND computer in one week that Fern has destroyed
last week it was the Fidelity Champion Sensory
this week the Super Conny
it seems no oldie is safe in Ferns hands
only a few days ago a small portable chess computer was seen trying to escape a bedroom window from Fern's house using a makeshift rope out of bed sheets..lost its grip and shattered into 100's of pieces
Enough!
I'm calling in the
Schachcomputer Police Regards
Steve
Shall I grant him his last cigarette?

Cleaning My Rifle Regards,
Terry McCracken
fern

Post by fern »

Maybe so, but I wonder how many computers have died a painful death in your vault due to lack of use and negligence. eh? How many?

Only the man free of these sins may throw the Fidelity Minisensory to me.

From the gallows regards
Fern
fern

Post by fern »

I left smoking time ago. Not good for health

waiting the bullets regards
Fern
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

fern wrote:Maybe so, but I wonder how many computers have died a painful death in your vault due to lack of use and negligence. eh? How many?

Only the man free of these sins may throw the Fidelity Minisensory to me.

From the gallows regards
Fern
Tell it to the Judge
we have 3 backhoe's coming to dig up your back yard tomorrow
God only knows whats buried there

Unresolved Cases Regards
Steve
fern

Post by fern »

Get me a good lawyer there in NY and then perhaps I will not sing all I know about the sadistic practices you perform in the middle of the night with gorgeous Novag Expert C.

Trying to get a deal with the police regards
Fern