RIP for my Superconnie

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Re: RIP for my Superconnie

Post by Steve B »

fern wrote:Get me a good lawyer there in NY and then perhaps I will not sing all I know about the sadistic practices you perform in the middle of the night with gorgeous Novag Expert C.

Trying to get a deal with the police regards
Fern
OK OK
Nevermind Regards
Steve
fern

Post by fern »

To say OK Ok is not enough. I want some real proofs of your engagement with me. Perhaps a new SC could do the trick.

Unbeliervable Pretensions regards
Fern
gerold

Post by gerold »

fern wrote:Get me a good lawyer there in NY and then perhaps I will not sing all I know about the sadistic practices you perform in the middle of the night with gorgeous Novag Expert C.

Fern
Shipment of home made grape wine on its way. That should take care of all.

Best to all,
Gerold.
fern

Post by fern »

OK, Gerold, that's a fine answer and a decisive remedy to all. In wine I will suffocate my pain....
For the soul of SC salud

Fern
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Fern
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Look at the polarity and type of head, look at the amps required and go to the nearest electronics store (or even some supermarkets) and just buy another adapter. The voltage should be the same the and rating of the amps should be equal or more. I think even the adapters with many different heads and "dial in voltage" would do well. You should be able to find one for less than $5 and you are back in business. Most likely only your adapter got burned and should be simple to replace.
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

gerold wrote:

Fern
Shipment of home made grape wine on its way. That should take care of all.

Best to all,
Gerold.
If you are sending wine.. *hint*
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

fern wrote:In a moment of forgetfullness I plugged the electrical cord of my Superconny to the wall, directly, which was a serious mistake as current voltage here is 220 Volt and the adaptor operates for the paltry 110 used in US, so I think I fried or the adaptor or the electronic board. In any case, it is dead.

the funeral service will be performed tomorrow at noon. I will serve a modest but sustantial bufftet in my home
Ohhhh Fern, even reading this is painful yet! :/ Sh**t happens... although one should be double cautious with such oldies of collector value!

But maybe only the power supply is burnt? Did you try to put batteries in the unit?
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
fern

Post by fern »

As I am still in mourning, I have not tried resucitation practices. I have some batteries, but not sure if thjey are OK, very old, so...My feeling is that the problem went beyond the adaptor, though.
But I will try something sooner or later.

Fern
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

fern wrote:As I am still in mourning, I have not tried resucitation practices. I have some batteries, but not sure if thjey are OK, very old, so...My feeling is that the problem went beyond the adaptor, though.
But I will try something sooner or later.

Fern
Fern,

Terry, M. Ansari, and Julien may be right. I have a wee bit of knowledge concerning electricity and it is possible that the primary side of the adapter shorted out before any damage occurred to the Conny.

AC/DC regards,

Sparky