No Moderator Teams or else yet?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Terry McCracken

Re: No Moderator Teams or else yet?

Post by Terry McCracken »

geots wrote:
Steve B wrote:
geots wrote:
Steve B wrote:
gerold wrote:Fernando, Robert, Roger, and Steve.

Good team,

Best,
Gerold.
Yes Great team
why not give it a go this time around Gerold?
you are a regular here ..know the day to day goings on and i imagine you enjoy the club
not so terrible if you gave back a little to the forum that has provided you with countless hours of high level entertainment all of these years
:P
if you accept and run you are given a Govt. Issue Army Helmet to protect you from all the chit that comes raining down on a daily basis

Run Gerold Run Regards
Steve

Steve, I don't have a problem letting Bob, Roger and Fern serve another term. Add yourself if you and the 3 agree. It would mean a bit of a break, as things could be rotated and one of you 4 could be off each week, or every 2 weeks. Whatever. When you don't hear from them much it means they are doing a good job.

GTS
I Appreciate the vote of confidence George but i had nothing to do with this terms mod team at all(probably why they were so good)
although i was an Alternative i was not needed to be called into active duty (which can only occur once and permanently if another team member can no longer serve)rotating mods are not really allowed
anyway...probably best not to be too complimentary or this thread will wind up being exiled to the Hinterlands of the North Lands ..like the last one
:P

Regards From Valhalla
Steve

Thanks for the reply. Look, i gotta go now and I will be back this evening. I need you to do me a favor, please. If you do not know, try to find out and let me know what the deal is between Talk Chess and Chris Whitty.
What kind of ban has he got?

Best,

GTS
He's not banned. He just chooses to post under false names.
Terry McCracken
Sam Hull
Full name: Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

geots wrote: ... let me know what the deal is between Talk Chess and Chris Whitty.
Chris Whittington has no ban. He has never been banned here at any time in the last five years. A few years ago Thorsten Czub (a CCC mod at the time) created an illegal fake account for him which he began to use; when Chris refused several requests to change the account name to something legal it was turned off. He tried registering a couple of other illegal pseudos which were also turned off. He eventually registered under his own name, was immediately activated, and soon got elected as a moderator. Shortly after his last election there were significant problems, members clamored for a special election, and a large majority vote swept him and his team out of office. At that point he disabled his own account and "left"; he has kept a low profile here since that time.

-Sam-
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Low profile...sort of....he comes out under other alias.
Terry McCracken
geots

Post by geots »

Sam Hull wrote:
geots wrote: ... let me know what the deal is between Talk Chess and Chris Whitty.
Chris Whittington has no ban. He has never been banned here at any time in the last five years. A few years ago Thorsten Czub (a CCC mod at the time) created an illegal fake account for him which he began to use; when Chris refused several requests to change the account name to something legal it was turned off. He tried registering a couple of other illegal pseudos which were also turned off. He eventually registered under his own name, was immediately activated, and soon got elected as a moderator. Shortly after his last election there were significant problems, members clamored for a special election, and a large majority vote swept him and his team out of office. At that point he disabled his own account and "left"; he has kept a low profile here since that time.

-Sam-

Thanks, Sam. But I was here when everything you said above took place. I talk to him all the time in pms in Rybka forum, and sometimes in threads and email. I have just never asked him what the deal was with Talk Chess. I just figured he must be banned. But you wrote something above that really confuses me. You said he refused to change his name on his account to "something legal". I don't understand. I know at least 6 to 8 people here now who don't use their real names. So if that is ok, I'm hard pressed as to what constitutes an "illegal name". Enlighten me. BTW, 2 other things. I don't like that on the Rybka forum, because I never know who I am talking to. I prefer real names for that reason. Lastly, in case anyone is interested, the acct. with name "Carol Rodanu" or whatever is not CW. I know that because I know who Carol is.

Best To You As Always,

GTS
Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

geots wrote:You said he refused to change his name on his account to "something legal". I don't understand. I know at least 6 to 8 people here now who don't use their real names. So if that is ok, I'm hard pressed as to what constitutes an "illegal name". Enlighten me. BTW, 2 other things. I don't like that on the Rybka forum, because I never know who I am talking to. I prefer real names for that reason. Lastly, in case anyone is interested, the acct. with name "Carol Rodanu" or whatever is not CW. I know that because I know who Carol is.
When they first asked me to do the admin job Steve was still in charge at YMC&G and he told me the policy for new accounts had always been "real names" which (since we are not the FBI here) means a normal-looking first and last name, no obvious pseudos or handles. I asked about the handful of nicks already on the board and he said they were grandfathered due to previous mod teams letting them in when they shouldn't have (one or two had been given special permission); they have been here since the old text board and their real names are known. New accounts that look bogus or are exposed as fakes have not been allowed to remain on the board for the last five years.

-Sam-
Last edited by Sam Hull on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
geots

Post by geots »

Sam Hull wrote:
geots wrote:You said he refused to change his name on his account to "something legal". I don't understand. I know at least 6 to 8 people here now who don't use their real names. So if that is ok, I'm hard pressed as to what constitutes an "illegal name". Enlighten me. BTW, 2 other things. I don't like that on the Rybka forum, because I never know who I am talking to. I prefer real names for that reason. Lastly, in case anyone is interested, the acct. with name "Carol Rodanu" or whatever is not CW. I know that because I know who Carol is.
When they first asked me to do the admin job Steve was still in charge at YMC&G and he told me the policy for new accounts had always been "real names" which (since we are not the FBI here) means a normal-looking first and last name, no obvious pseudos or handles. I asked about the handful of nicks already on the board and he said they were grandfathered due to previous mod teams letting them in when they shouldn't have; they have been here since the old text board and their real names are known. New accounts that look bogus or are exposed as fakes have not been allowed to remain on the board for the last five years.

-Sam-

Thanks Sam, for the thankless job you do well.

Best,

GTS
Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

geots wrote: Thanks Sam, for the thankless job you do well.
Thanks George --
-Sam-
bob

Post by bob »

Sam Hull wrote:
geots wrote: Thanks Sam, for the thankless job you do well.
Thanks George --
-Sam-
George hasn't figured it out yet, but Chris is known to "revise history" when it suits him. We've been through this "I was banned" "no you were not" discussion multiple times in the past. I've learned to pay it no attention.
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

you should not repeat your lies to the people here in public.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Sam Hull wrote:
When they first asked me to do the admin job Steve was still in charge at YMC&G and he told me the policy for new accounts had always been "real names" which (since we are not the FBI here) means a normal-looking first and last name, no obvious pseudos or handles. I asked about the handful of nicks already on the board and he said they were grandfathered due to previous mod teams letting them in when they shouldn't have (one or two had been given special permission); they have been here since the old text board and their real names are known. New accounts that look bogus or are exposed as fakes have not been allowed to remain on the board for the last five years.

-Sam-
the moderators in charge decided with 5 from 6 votes that chris w. should be allowed to post in CCC/CTF with a name he wishes.
there was an invitation because he wanted to play chess in a thread in
CTF.

it would have been YOUR JOB as an admin to follow the orders of
the 6 moderators in charge of CCC/CTF.

You refused to follow these orders as an admin. instead you continued your
totalitarian regime of : "i am doing what i want to do without listening
to democratically elected moderators" style.

don't fool the people about this.
you were implemented as an admin. not elected. and you had to do what the moderators wished you to do. yet you decided NOT to listen.
you banned people by not ALLOWING their accounts to be set free.
they registered and you never let those accounts been through
although they were NOT illegal. it was never illegal to have a (1) KNOWN
account under a different name.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....