Houdini sponsored by ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: Please help: Avid Elixir 7 vs. Houdini 2.0 and others?

Post by geots »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:HELP ME, I am so alone!

Avid Elixir 7 vs. Houdini 2.0 and the others!
What should I do ...

I think Avid will win this very important poll!

Bob, Mark, Amir ... I need your vote!

Best
Frank

If you are lonely, download Deep Saros 23jbeta. It's a riot, as I'm sure you know. I don't for sure know if Ippo was the male or the female. But whichever, nobody made a mint selling them birth control pills. Aren't they expecting again fairly soon?

gts

PS: Checked out your page and was impressed with it's neat efficient look.
geots

Post by geots »

Has Frank left yet. When he gets like this he always wants something, or somebody. Maybe he's gonna try to sell a Vitruvius beta to some lucky soul.
Like me, most likely. Can't imagine he would already know I have 2 of the betas, because he doesn't know me by the name I use here. Thank God for the small miracles. When you get to be like me you take any miracle you can, grab it, run and don't question it. Guess I better log onto another application and wait for the inevitable email. Shit, I gotta drop some of these accts. and maybe then I could afford to buy a chess program. As God is my witness, I'm not letting him con me into shit this time. I'm dead broke anyway. And he ain't gettin none of my time right now.

Look, if 31 people could put up 2 dollars apiece, I could buy Houdini 2. Can't test for CCRL at the moment, because I gotta get a piece (minor one) for my other box. And lots of engines to be loading after gone almost 2 years. I crashed 5 boxes beyond repair giving you tournaments that were very interesting to the many who followed them. I'm a realist and know my viewership was followed not by 50% of members. But I gave enjoyment where I could, and I hope to do so again in near future.............

Gotta go and find that email acct.

gts
fern

Post by fern »

Go for the Avid. More engines is a bit too much....

Fern
geots

Post by geots »

Took me forever to figure it out, but if you don't want a shitload of people answering a thread, it's 100% foolproof. Just ask for money. :roll:
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi George,

I have no interest to give money for programs like:

1. Houdini
2. newer Fritz
3. newer Rybka

But if an user have interest to see it in my list, he can give her money for it and I will give 15 EUR x64 + 15 EUR w32 for electric current and test it. Honest, I invested enough money ... and more important ... enough time in SWCR. I must not buy commercial programs I don't like, only that the others find more information.

Important for me is an other point you wrote:
Deep Saros ...

Wishes by users are a main point since I started SWCR. I try all what is possible in this selection.

Tell me more about Deep Saros.
Which version I should test (x64 and w32).

After my information Deep Sarous is an IPP engine too. Are the differents to the others IPP engines big enough?

You can see that I tested ... Fire, IvanHoe, Houdini and Rybka, strong Rybka settings.

Best
Frank
Frank Quisinsky

HI Fernando,

what I like on your postings are your interest on a many amateurs, and different comments by yourself about this engines. Yes, we have so many interesting engines. Most are looking on the tops only and slipped a lot of important information. I test all the time the same TOPs. But in the next year I will add more and more amateurs in my list. Good for my own motivation ... back to the roots.

Since around 12 months I purchase a lot of chess books. Try again to build an own library. I have a lot of fun in it, read with enthusiasm books by Dworetski (favorite author) and analyze many of the positions of these books.

Statistics to my SWCR and analyzes to Dworetski positions is my topic so far. I need more informations about strengths and weeknesses by other strong amateurs, I don't test so far. Can build a bigger group from engines I like for my own interest.

Have a nice day!

Best
Frank
geots

Post by geots »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi George,

I have no interest to give money for programs like:

1. Houdini
2. newer Fritz
3. newer Rybka

But if an user have interest to see it in my list, he can give her money for it and I will give 15 EUR x64 + 15 EUR w32 for electric current and test it. Honest, I invested enough money ... and more important ... enough time in SWCR. I must not buy commercial programs I don't like, only that the others find more information.

Important for me is an other point you wrote:
Deep Saros ...

Wishes by users are a main point since I started SWCR. I try all what is possible in this selection.

Tell me more about Deep Saros.
Which version I should test (x64 and w32).

After my information Deep Sarous is an IPP engine too. Are the differents to the others IPP engines big enough?

You can see that I tested ... Fire, IvanHoe, Houdini and Rybka, strong Rybka settings.

Best
Frank

Frank, you gotta get serious here and tell me what you want. I can tell you pretty much anything about DeepSaros, but it won't be anything you don't already know. Only lawyers are allowed to ask questions they already know the answer to.

gts

No interest in giving money for programs like Houdini, newer Fritz, newer Rybka.

Would your interest be re-activated if I bought Houdini 2 and sent it to you?

gts
Frank Quisinsky

Hello George,

for me the time is over to be serious in public discussion about topics the community massacre itself. And not only the normally users comes with blamable postings, same opinion I have from good known companies in things he do in a very important situation for our hobby.

Its a pity what I read from so many users to my hobby. I gave so many time and energy in so many years. But nobody can managed the bad situation in times today. It is every time interesting to see what the humans do if they are alone in front of the own PC. Internet is very danger for so many people.

Deep Saros:
The playing style is interesting for myself. I think each engine need a own face. This point is an order for each programmer in times all secrets about programming are well known.

Own ideas by programmers to special points of chess programming will give an engine an own face.

So, which special ideas are included in Deep Saros. Don't need information about programmings, I need information about the playing style, strengths and weaknesses.

Hope I understand your postings and hope that I wrote not things which have nothing to do with your answers.

Best
Frank
Mincho Georgiev

Post by Mincho Georgiev »

And not only the normally users comes with blamable postings
Don't take it so seriously, it was just a joke. I don't have any interest whatsoever on the subject. No offense.
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Mincho,

no, no ... your first posting are fully OK for me.
Must laughter in the time I read it.

In my opinion the programmers of Rybka and Houdini should have a real go at each other. Same for the companies which have interest to for sell such things.

I will block in the future such critical commercial engines, also programs which come out from companies which selling Rybka (for an example, newer Fritz versions).

We have an organization with ICGA and so many clear proofs.

But on first positions are for me the interest by my visitors for the official rating list I am working on it. So my decision is clear, if an user will see commercial programs I don't like, this user should pay for it. I have not interest to do this because I gave enough money and time.

Of course, I can understand the hype of Houdini. A very strong engine and the programmer gave the proof that he must have a lot of knowledge about programming. This isn't the point I dislike. Also the programmers can used free sources by others if they included own ideas and wrote about it very open.

I missed FORTHRIGHTNESS and I am disappointed about it that users, programmers and companies haven't a bigger interest on FORTHRIGHTNESS !!

That's all ...

Best
Frank