anyone running Houdini 2 in shredder with Gaviota egtb

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: anyone running Houdini 2 in shredder with Gaviota egtb

Post by zullil »

Albert Silver wrote:
Yes, if you use Firefox, I would suggest a download manager like 'DownThemAll', which can effectively download everything from a page in one command, avoiding a ton of right-click-saves.
Or if you use unix, this seems to work:

Code: Select all

wget -r -l1 -H -t1 -np -nd -A.cp4 http://www.olympuschess.com/egtb/gaviota
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Amstaff wrote:Hello, this is a dumb question, but I went to the website and I am not sure how to download each file. When I click on each file there is no way to download them that I can see.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Gerald
someone tell us what the first and last files are. Seems the last file is just a list of all files. Not sure what the first file is. it is a different file type.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate with a solid state drive.
1. Create a folder on the C drive, name the folder, egtb.
2. Go to the Houdini Home page:
http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm
3. Click on Houdini Chess Engine User's Guide.
4. Click on 3.6 Gaviota End Game Table Bases.
5. Click on www.olympuchess shortcut.
6. The first file would not download for me, when I clicked each of the other files, a download window opens up. I click save, and save this to the folder you created on the C drive.
7. After all files are in my new folder, I checked the size and it is 145 files at 6.54gigs.
8. I am using the shredder gui. In the engine options window I typed in C:\egtb for the GaviotaTbPath.
9. The shredder gui will show Gaviota Tablebases ready if everything is correct.
10. Now set up a position and see if it works ok.
kgburcham
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

kgburcham wrote:
Amstaff wrote:Hello, this is a dumb question, but I went to the website and I am not sure how to download each file. When I click on each file there is no way to download them that I can see.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Gerald
someone tell us what the first and last files are. Seems the last file is just a list of all files. Not sure what the first file is. it is a different file type.
6. The first file would not download for me, when I clicked each of the other files, a download window opens up. I click save, and save this to the folder you created on the C drive.
7. After all files are in my new folder, I checked the size and it is 145 files at 6.54gigs.
8. I am using the shredder gui. In the engine options window I typed in C:\egtb for the GaviotaTbPath.
9. The shredder gui will show Gaviota Tablebases ready if everything is correct.
kgburcham
You need all the *.cp4 files.

g345-cp4.md5 is a file with all the md5 signatures, in case you want to check that no file has been corrupted during download. I think there are free versions of the checking software available for windows. In Linux is a simple command.

The last file is a list. Very useful for automatic downloading with a script, or to feed some other software.

Miguel
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

michiguel wrote:
kgburcham wrote:
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Gerald
kgburcham
You need all the *.cp4 files.
Miguel
That is what I did. Downloaded all the .cp4 files. Seems to be ok.
Thanks you Miguel.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Albert Silver wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Gerald
right cliclk on it then save target as
Yes, if you use Firefox, I would suggest a download manager like 'DownThemAll', which can effectively download everything from a page in one command, avoiding a ton of right-click-saves.
Now you tell me :evil:
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Gerald
right cliclk on it then save target as
Now you tell me :evil:
I just added the information as a "tip" in the website. Hopefully, that will help some other people...

Miguel
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Now that I think of it, I remember trying to download the files one by one but then figured there must be something wrong because it can't be that laborious to download them all. I think it would be great if they could be made into one large zip file and a torrent made out of them. Maybe a zip would not be necessary since I assume they are already compressed tight, but at least a torrent would allow you to download them slowly and in parts.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

zullil wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

Got them all (and robots.txt too):

FINISHED --2011-09-05 14:20:38--
Total wall clock time: 3h 33m 31s
Downloaded: 148 files, 6.5G in 3h 33m 18s (536 KB/s)
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

zullil wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

I added this tip in the website, thanks.
https://sites.google.com/site/gaviotach ... wnload-tip

Miguel
gaard
Full name: Martin W

Post by gaard »

M ANSARI wrote:Now that I think of it, I remember trying to download the files one by one but then figured there must be something wrong because it can't be that laborious to download them all. I think it would be great if they could be made into one large zip file and a torrent made out of them. Maybe a zip would not be necessary since I assume they are already compressed tight, but at least a torrent would allow you to download them slowly and in parts.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11904592/gtb345.cp4.zip.torrent