Programmer and GUI of Fritz 13

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Programmer and GUI of Fritz 13

Post by fern »

I have asked to my contact in CB details about that and I hope -HOPE is the word- that he will tell me something about that, but do not hold the breath...If he does tell me, you will be the first to know...

Fern, your electronic reporter.
Albert Silver

Re: Programmer and GUI of Fritz 13

Post by Albert Silver »

fern wrote:I have asked to my contact in CB details about that and I hope -HOPE is the word- that he will tell me something about that, but do not hold the breath...If he does tell me, you will be the first to know...

Fern, your electronic reporter.
The GUI is a company effort and has more than one programmer/coder while the Fritz 13 engine is Frans Morsch (as always).
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
fern

Post by fern »

Yes, it is probably so, but I asked anyway, just in case. Respect the GUI I want to know less about the authors than about the presumed novelties.

Fern
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

fern wrote:Yes, it is probably so, but I asked anyway, just in case. Respect the GUI I want to know less about the authors than about the presumed novelties.

Fern
I know you asked, and I'm answering. As to the features, I haven't tested it thoroughly, just the Let's Check feature.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Regards, Mike
fern

Post by fern »

So you have a beta version or even the gold one?
Come on, Albert, gives us something else then!

Fern, truly Fritz lover since ever
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

fern wrote:So you have a beta version or even the gold one?
Come on, Albert, gives us something else then!

Fern, truly Fritz lover since ever
It isn't gold yet, but yes, I have a beta. My personal focus has been on the Let's Check functionality, and understanding it. Being a new technology, the debugging is a bit more complex. No doubt issues or whatnot will appear only after, but all I can say is that IMHO it will have a huge impact on opening study and even chess in general. It won't be long before every opening study, survey or even book refers to it or makes use of it.

Anyone can contribute a new move and claim authorship, but the move must be backed up by computer analysis, and the analysis cannot be less than a certain length of time, computed according to the speed index. For example, for my computer, a 4 x 4.2GHz machine, this equates to roughly 2m30. Of course, a user can use any engine, and all engines used will be listed. You can add text notes, which are not only classified by language, thus in time it could become the largest single opening book (in both the computer sense and the literal one) in the world as it comprises explanations and comments. Also, people can not only report bogus notes or analysis, but can vote á la Facebook, which comments they like or do not. That way comments can also be classified by the most liked or the least liked. I suspect that much like non-master players will make their largest number of contributions by lending their computers to add analysis, there will also be a number of high-rated players including large amounts of text commentary that will also become very popular in time.
Murat

Post by Murat »

Hi Albert,

is the Let's Check function free to use for registered users? Or there is a membership fee involved.

Thank you

Murat :.