New engine - DarkTemplar 0.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

New engine - DarkTemplar 0.1

Post by tmokonen »

I was looking on Google Sites today, and noticed a Winboard engine I have not seen mentioned before, by the name of Dark Templar. The author is Binesh Andrews.

https://sites.google.com/site/darktemplarchess/

The author says

"DarkTemplar is a C++ chess engine supporting the Winboard protocol. This is currently under development.
The current version, v0.1, can play pretty decent moves on the board.
It must be around a 1000 ELO points in strength though I haven't tested it formally."
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine - DarkTemplar 0.1

Post by Sylwy »

tmokonen wrote:I was looking on Google Sites today, and noticed a Winboard engine I have not seen mentioned before, by the name of Dark Templar. The author is Binesh Andrews.

https://sites.google.com/site/darktemplarchess/

The author says

"DarkTemplar is a C++ chess engine supporting the Winboard protocol. This is currently under development.
The current version, v0.1, can play pretty decent moves on the board.
It must be around a 1000 ELO points in strength though I haven't tested it formally."
Thank You !

SR
Leto

Post by Leto »

The author must be a fan of StarCraft. Dark Templar is a type of unit in the Protoss army for StarCraft and StarCraft II.
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Templar
fern

Post by fern »

Tony, being as it this field of chess engines, to put attention in machines so much weak made by some unknown guy has not much sense.
I too make sometimes a search to see something new, but i only stop if I can see a promise of strength or a new gui or something. Just an engine 1000 or even 2000 Elo is these days something of no importance.

The guy that serve me the coffee in my house has an engine 1200 Elo in his pocket regards
Fern
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Leto wrote:The author must be a fan of StarCraft. Dark Templar is a type of unit in the Protoss army for StarCraft and StarCraft II.
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Templar
:lol: Just played some blitz games ! :lol:
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

fern wrote: Just an engine 1000 or even 2000 Elo is these days something of no importance.

Fern
Well, at least this engine---unlike yours---actually exists. :roll:
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

fern wrote:Tony, being as it this field of chess engines, to put attention in machines so much weak made by some unknown guy has not much sense.
I too make sometimes a search to see something new, but i only stop if I can see a promise of strength or a new gui or something. Just an engine 1000 or even 2000 Elo is these days something of no importance.

The guy that serve me the coffee in my house has an engine 1200 Elo in his pocket regards
Fern
There are people in this forum who want to pay attention on this kind of engines. It's not your decission what makes sense and what not. Some want to play vs. these engines, at least people who don't see a difference in getting crushed by Stockfish or by Komodo.

I Remember you played against the CC? Shouldn't be much stronger...
fern

Post by fern »

Please, Alex, do not take seriously each post I post. Of course everyone can play anything and talk about that as I do -many times just joking- with any weak stand alone unit.
If I was harsh I will give apologies to the guy concerned...

Fern
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

fern wrote:Please, Alex, do not take seriously each post I post.
Try this: :D or this one: :twisted:

:wink:
fern

Post by fern »

Oh, I see. Well, Alex, It happens that I am a word-man, not an iconic one. I still cannot get used to this iconographic mania, the inclination to express something and even everything with images. But I will try

:-) :-)

Fern