WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Post by Peter Skinner »

Hiarcs and Shredder needed to win their final games to overtake Junior to become the WCCC 2011 Champion, but both only managed to secure a half point.

Junior faced Hiarcs in the final round and Shredder's final dance partner was Jonny. Both games ended in the same fashion, a draw.

Therefore, Amir Ban and Shay Bushinsky are the 2011 World Computer Chess Champions.

Congratulations to the Junior team on a very well played event and I look forward to the upcoming versions to be released before Christmas.

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
fern

Re: WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Post by fern »

No doubt Junior is a great engine, I bought the last one time ago and I happy with it, but surely I would like it in a tourn against the engines that all know are the strongest, cloned or not.
I have not organized a tourn, but maybe someone did...or will. I would like to know about THOSE results.

Fern
mhull
Full name: Matthew Hull

Post by mhull »

fern wrote:I would like it in a tourn against the engines that all know are the strongest, cloned or not.
That's like wanting to see clean athletes compete against doping athletes.
Matthew Hull
MM

Post by MM »

Peter Skinner wrote:Hiarcs and Shredder needed to win their final games to overtake Junior to become the WCCC 2011 Champion, but both only managed to secure a half point.

Junior faced Hiarcs in the final round and Shredder's final dance partner was Jonny. Both games ended in the same fashion, a draw.

Therefore, Amir Ban and Shay Bushinsky are the 2011 World Computer Chess Champions.

Congratulations to the Junior team on a very well played event and I look forward to the upcoming versions to be released before Christmas.

Peter
Hi,

with respect to Junior's programmers i'm waiting for the real world chess software championship that starts tomorrow (with all partecipants with the same hardware).

Regards
MM
Lion

Post by Lion »

Which tournament ?
Are there some info somewhere ?
Rgds
MM

Post by MM »

Lion wrote:Which tournament ?
Are there some info somewhere ?
Rgds
Hi,
yes, look at here:

http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/resear ... ents/icga/

Regards
MM
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Congratulations Amir and Shay.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Peter,

that are good news. I like the playing style Junior has and after the little comeback with Junior 2010, Junior 11, 12, an 12.5 is clear to see that Amir have success in the development of Junior.

A small tourney this year but with interesting engines.

Congratulations to Amir and all others participant programmers. All are winners! Amir more as the others :-) but winners are all.

Best
Frank
kranium

Post by kranium »

fern wrote:No doubt Junior is a great engine, I bought the last one time ago and I happy with it, but surely I would like it in a tourn against the engines that all know are the strongest, cloned or not.
I have not organized a tourn, but maybe someone did...or will. I would like to know about THOSE results.

Fern
+1
Agreed..

The World Champion should normally be the strongest program available...
this year = Houdini

and towards that goal, the tournament should be 'open' format, not a hand-picked selection of 'approved' programs...
apparently the organizers can 'divine' which programs are 'clean' and which are not?

(like they knew the last 5 years w/ Rybka?)

the fact that Houdini is excluded is a travesty...
all due to the CCC establishment erroneously, unfairly, and without any evidence, labeling and blacklisting Ippolit engines as 'the clones'...

what a farce this has become.

referring to what M. Hull posted:
the ippolit source code is now known 'clean', thus competing against it is not akin to competing against a 'doped' athlete...they analogy is ridiculous.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

kranium wrote:
fern wrote:No doubt Junior is a great engine, I bought the last one time ago and I happy with it, but surely I would like it in a tourn against the engines that all know are the strongest, cloned or not.

Fern
+1
Agreed..

The World Champion should normally be the strongest program available...
this year = Houdini

and towards that goal, the tournament should be 'open' format, not a hand-picked selection of 'approved' programs...
apparently the organizers can 'divine' which programs are 'clean' and which are not?

(like they knew the last 5 years w/ Rybka?)

the fact that Houdini is excluded is a travesty...
all due to the CCC establishment erroneously, unfairly, and without any evidence, labeling and blacklisting Ippolit engines as 'the clones'...

what a farce this has become.
With all due respect Norman, I believe Robert Houdart himself chose to not enter into the competition. If he had chosen to enter any burden would have been on ICGA.

I say that with the full disclosure that Houdini has become my main engine for doing post mortem analysis on my OTB games.