Please advise me how to make the computer chess on this.

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

stegemma
Full name: Stefano Gemma

Re: Please advise me how to make the computer chess on this.

Post by stegemma »

It seems to me that this game is too hard to play. Maybe you should consider to simplify a lot.

Good luck, in any case.
OCTATRIX

Post by OCTATRIX »

Stefano,

Thank you for your input.
stegemma
Full name: Stefano Gemma

Post by stegemma »

Sorry, i'd wrote to change "a lot" but i want to say "a little" (my english is not so good, it was just a type-in mistake). The game itself seems very interesting and can have a good future but, as said, you should simplify a little, because this way it's too hard even for a good chess-player. I suggest that you realize the plastic "board" using transparent material, so that you can see through the board and have a better understanding of the whole position. The piece movement is not intuitive, the knights, for sample, it's very hard to move. Maybe if you split the board in two "half-sphere" and place them on the desk one beside the other, you can loose the full 3D appearance but gain in "easy to play"?
OCTATRIX

Post by OCTATRIX »

Stefano,

I wanted to design a game which any chess player can master the game rule in 10 minutes (if the player knows the conventional chess game rule).
My game rule is not really difficult, but the game structure (you realized that it's not flat board - it's a octahedron shape) is the one that makes a game challenging.
Initially, I wanted make this game as an online game, so people can play each other via the internet.
Thank you for your comments.