WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kranium

Re: WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Post by kranium »

Don wrote:
By the way, even though you think Komodo is a clone of Ivanhoe I am seeing that it is almost a full ply faster than Komodo and does about 50% more nodes per second! And yet is still manages to be stronger than Ivanhoe. Apparently I copied all the ideas and did such a bad job the program acts completely different and is stronger.
when Ippolit/Robbolito was released 2 years ago...

RobboLito recognized many endgames and draws that Rybka did not
RobboLito searched much deeper than Rybka 3 (reaches depth = 15 vs depth = 11 during 1/1 blitz games)
RobboLito offered different analysis and PVs in almost every position tested
RobboLito implemented it's own unique and comprehensive tablebase source code
capable of compiling and building 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 man tablebases

and it was well established that RobboLito was significantly stronger than Rybka 3
(at least 50 and in ligthning/blitz often more than 100 ELO stronger)

these facts didn't prevent you and Larry from arguing incessantly and methodically discrediting it publicly as a illegitimate and illegal 'clone'...
...and all that without any 'scrap' of proof on your part

you're a real piece of work Don...
your continuous 'armageddon-like' attacks on other engine's originality, in order to further your own agenda (i.e. promote komodo) is pathetic...
and i believe many here are starting to see it for what it is...

Don wrote: I have not even looked at Ivanhoe, only Robbolito but I decided to take a look at Ivanhoe and just downloaded the 99946f version and saw the interesting ComradsGui which is definitely something I am interested in as there are not many Linux choices for GUI's.
I tried to run it but I get a java error about Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
I tried a more updated Ubuntu distribution and get the same exact error. Does anyone here know how to work around this? In a major linux distribution this should just work.
the Java GUIs are working just fine...would you like some screenshots?
Last edited by kranium on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don

Post by Don »

kranium wrote: PS - the Java GUIs are working fine...would you like some screenshots?
I'm not questioning whether the GUI works, I'm sure it does and I am eager to try it out. It's not working on 2 of my Ubunutu Linux machines due to a java error that I assume is easy to fix or work around. So I'm asking if anyone knows what the issue is. I know little about Java.

Code: Select all

drd@greencheeks:~/Ivanhoe/IvanHoe_999946f/ComradesGUI$ ls -l
total 404
-rw-r--r-- 1 drd drd 134847 2011-11-27 16:06 ComradesGUI.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 drd drd  83631 2011-11-27 16:06 ComradesGUI.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 drd drd  63908 2011-11-27 16:06 KINGFONT.TTF
-rw-r--r-- 1 drd drd  66176 2011-11-27 16:06 LEIPFONT.TTF
-rw-r--r-- 1 drd drd  54564 2011-11-27 16:06 MERIFONT.TTF
drd@greencheeks:~/Ivanhoe/IvanHoe_999946f/ComradesGUI$ 
drd@greencheeks:~/Ivanhoe/IvanHoe_999946f/ComradesGUI$ java -jar ComradesGUI.jar 
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: ComradesGUI : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Could not find the main class: ComradesGUI. Program will exit.
drd@greencheeks:~/Ivanhoe/IvanHoe_999946f/ComradesGUI$ 

Zlaire

Post by Zlaire »

Don wrote: So I'm asking if anyone knows what the issue is. I know little about Java.
Looks like you have the wrong Java version. 51.0 means Java 7.
Don

Post by Don »

Zlaire wrote:
Don wrote: So I'm asking if anyone knows what the issue is. I know little about Java.
Thanks for the tip, perhaps that explains the problem.

Don
Don

Post by Don »

Zlaire wrote:
I'm using java 6, but java 7 is not even available for download on the Sun java site.
rvida

Post by rvida »

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Don wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Don wrote:According to Ed Shroeder, I would be a hypocrite if I implemented MP on Komodo because it's not my original idea, it would be plagiarism.
Correction, according to the ICGA.
But it's your view that anyone that disagree's with your point of view is a hypocrite.
Your words, not mine. Please don't play silly words games with me, it's the bankruptcy of your argument.
Since I will use MP, then according to you I have no right to complain if someone makes an exact clone of Komodo. The words hypocrite is the one YOU used, not the ICGA.
Again, don't put things in my mouth I never said.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Don wrote: Ed is claiming that using ideas that might be in other programs makes you a hypocrite and plagiarist unless you conform to HIS viewpoint - that eveyone does this, therefore nobody has the write to complain about copying or code theft.
I am quickly losing my respect for you.
But the truth of the matter is that there was evidence of massive code copying and rewriting.
We are talking about Rybka now?

You voted a man guilty with consequences for his personal life and livelihood as well. You as direct competitor should have abstained from voting. So much for morality.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Rebel wrote:
Don wrote: Ed is claiming that using ideas that might be in other programs makes you a hypocrite and plagiarist unless you conform to HIS viewpoint - that eveyone does this, therefore nobody has the write to complain about copying or code theft.
But the truth of the matter is that there was evidence of massive code copying and rewriting.

You voted a man guilty with consequences for his personal life and livelihood as well. You as direct competitor should have abstained from voting. So much for morality.
That's enough! That man you feel so badly for is a crook, outright! So much for your morality not Don's!!

You're quickly losing respect of the programming community that has integrity! Stop listening to that sociopath Whittington, he's dragging you down and soon will become a pariah like Chris and Vas!

I'm telling you this as I think you're a good and honest man but whose been decieved. I hope I'm right about you.
Terry McCracken
bob

Post by bob »

Rebel wrote:

I think Don is enough of a technical expert in the field to be one of many PERFECT examples of people who SHOULD have voted... You should also have voted, but you chose to pout if I recall...