WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Re: WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Post by Don »

hgm wrote:No quotes from me? :shock:
My personal favorite is this one:

"Idiot is not really the most accurate way to describe his behavior, but it's flattering in comparison to words that would be more correct."
bob

Post by bob »

Milos wrote:
bob wrote:
Milos wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Don wrote: Ed is claiming that using ideas that might be in other programs makes you a hypocrite and plagiarist unless you conform to HIS viewpoint - that eveyone does this, therefore nobody has the write to complain about copying or code theft.
I am quickly losing my respect for you.
But the truth of the matter is that there was evidence of massive code copying and rewriting.
We are talking about Rybka now?

You voted a man guilty with consequences for his personal life and livelihood as well. You as direct competitor should have abstained from voting. So much for morality.
I think Don is enough of a technical expert in the field to be one of many PERFECT examples of people who SHOULD have voted... You should also have voted, but you chose to pout if I recall...
Being a technical expert has absolutely nothing to do with morality. I guess it would be to much to expect that you could understand that...
What does this have to do with morality? Don hasn't copied any source code. He's followed the ICGA rules...
Try reading maybe you'd be still able to learn something...
Why don't you try explaining what you mean? Not everyone can follow your extremely convoluted reasoning here. I will repeat, since Don's response followed Ed's post, what does technical ability have to do with morality in this context (the icga investigation, finding Vas guilty, while many are using ideas from ip* in their programs)???
kranium

Post by kranium »

as you know...searching this forum is a tedious exercise.
i stopped after searching the 3 above, easily obtaining ample results, and fairly quickly realized i had a veritable 'smorgasbord' of examples using Bob alone.

that being said, i do admit,
searching your posts (and Graham as well) would most certainly present a bevy of crude responses...

and it might be very interesting to compare your 'style' of disrespecting those you don't agree with against the 3 authors mentioned above.

very sad...this unfortunate behavior has clearly become the de-facto standard here (the CCC),
program authors simply 'shit' on each other (and other programs) in a pitiful and vain attempt to garner recognition for themselves and their own programs.
kranium

Post by kranium »

Don wrote:
My personal favorite is this one:

"Idiot is not really the most accurate way to describe his behavior, but it's flattering in comparison to words that would be more correct."
perfectly understandable you would try to make light of it...
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Actually this guy gives me an inferiority complex! :lol:
Don

Post by Don »

kranium wrote:
i stopped after searching the 3 above, easily obtaining ample results, and fairly quickly realized i had a veritable 'smorgasbord' of examples using Bob alone.

searching your posts (and Graham as well) would most certainly present a bevy of crude responses...

and it might be very interesting to compare your 'style' of disrespecting those you don't agree with against the 3 authors mentioned above.

very sad...this unfortunate behavior has clearly become the de-facto standard here (the CCC),
program authors simply 'shit' on each other (and other programs) in a pitiful and vain attempt to garner recognition for themselves and their own programs.
I agree it's a problem, but isn't it always the case that those who complain the loudest often are the worst offenders? We have all done this including you, but suddenly you feel that you are qualified to rebuke us for our bad behavior as if you are poster child for warmth, compassion and respect.
kranium

Post by kranium »

Don wrote:
kranium wrote:

I agree it's a problem, but isn't it always the case that those who complain the loudest often are the worst offenders? We have all done this including you, but suddenly you feel that you are qualified to rebuke us for our bad behavior as if you are poster child for warmth, compassion and respect.
saying 'yeah, but he does it too'...doesn't excuse, or does it?
sad to see you feel your only recourse is a personal attack.

Don, unfortunately, whether it's me or someone else that points it out...
it is what it is.
Last edited by kranium on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rein Halbersma

Post by Rein Halbersma »

bob wrote: Doping is NOT "harmful to your health". Generally means an excess of red blood cells, which would occur naturally if you trained at high altitude for an extended period of time. If you mean HGH and/or steroids, they are certainly bad, but I have not seen those called "doping" in the past...
In the future, you might want to do some research before making false statements such as that (blood) doping is simply accelerating the natural effects of high altitude training, whereas in fact it can be extremely dangerous...

http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/epo.html

Furthermore, both HGH and steroids are commonly accepted examples of doping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_per ... s_in_sport
kranium

Post by kranium »

hgm wrote:Actually this guy gives me an inferiority complex! :lol:
get your program up the level of Crafty, Stockfish, and/or Komodo, and next time (i promise), i will certainly include you in my search for disrespectful author quotes.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

kranium wrote:
hgm wrote:Actually this guy gives me an inferiority complex! :lol:
get your program up the level of Crafty, Stockfish, and/or Komodo, and next time (i promise), i will certainly include you in my search for disrespectful author quotes.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….