WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Post by Damir »

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Rebel wrote:
bob wrote: Ed's off the deep end for reasons unknown...
:lol:

You and Don could be twins.

As if you did not understand the topic is about the definition of plagiarism.
Take your meds Ed.
Terry McCracken
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Did I say you're an idiot? Well that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Terry McCracken
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Rebel wrote:The International Computer Games Association (ICGA) has been conducting an investigation into allegations that, in the chess program Rybka, the programmer Vasik Rajlich plagiarized two other programs: Crafty and Fruit.

Following the interpretation of rule #2 due to the Rybka-ICGA fiasco we are all plagiarists because we take ideas.
OK, so you are incapable of understanding the logic in even the most simple sentences, is that what you want to tell the world?

Because all readers older than 5 years and not suffering from Downs syndrome of course instantly understand that if you do A, and A is form of B, while C is (perhaps...) another form of B, it does in no way imply you also did C...
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

bob wrote:
kranium wrote:
Don wrote: In fact I believe that one of either Rybka, Fruit or Houdini should be allowed to compete to represent the "Fruit" name.
Don-
Please stop this incessant (2 years now?) propaganda and devious campaign to discredit Ippolit...
where is the evidence that Houdini, or any of the Ippolit engines contain Fruit?
there isn't any!

Until such is presented, your allegations are completely untrue, disingenuous, and hurtful...

If you don't have it, then what you are doing is as bad (or worse, IMO) than those you refer to as 'the cloners'...
and your behavior is simply reprehensible.
Does not matter. ippolit was the first. Anything based on that is an illegal entry. Whether robo contains part of ip* or not I do not know. But anything based on robo* is ALSO illegal as that would be a copy. That includes fire/houdini/whatever else there is in this "forkless family tree"
Robo = ippo cleaned up a bit to make it more human readable.
kranium

Post by kranium »

hgm wrote:
Rebel wrote:The International Computer Games Association (ICGA) has been conducting an investigation into allegations that, in the chess program Rybka, the programmer Vasik Rajlich plagiarized two other programs: Crafty and Fruit.

Following the interpretation of rule #2 due to the Rybka-ICGA fiasco we are all plagiarists because we take ideas.
OK, so you are incapable of understanding the logic in even the most simple sentences, is that what you want to tell the world?

Because all readers older than 5 years and not suffering from Downs syndrome of course instantly understand that if you do A, and A is form of B, while C is (perhaps...) another form of B, it does in no way imply you also did C...
c'mon Harm-
you're normally much better at insulting those you disagree with...

on an scale of 1-10...?
this is maybe 5?

you can do (and have done) much much better than that!
c'mon-
your'e clearly not trying!
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

kranium wrote:
bob wrote:
kranium wrote:
Don wrote: In fact I believe that one of either Rybka, Fruit or Houdini should be allowed to compete to represent the "Fruit" name.
Don-
Please stop this incessant (2 years now?) propaganda and devious campaign to discredit Ippolit...
where is the evidence that Houdini, or any of the Ippolit engines contain Fruit?
there isn't any!

Until such is presented, your allegations are completely untrue, disingenuous, and hurtful...

If you don't have it, then what you are doing is as bad (or worse, IMO) than those you refer to as 'the cloners'...
and your behavior is simply reprehensible.
Does not matter. ippolit was the first. Anything based on that is an illegal entry. Whether robo contains part of ip* or not I do not know. But anything based on robo* is ALSO illegal as that would be a copy. That includes fire/houdini/whatever else there is in this "forkless family tree"
what evidence do you possess that ippolit is illegal (or even wrong in any way)?
if you have it, please be forthright and share it with us,
if it is credible and substantial, i will be the 1st to admit it...
and will immediately discontinue my distribution/support/defence of Ippolit...

i don't understand:
"Does not matter. ippolit was the first. Anything based on that is an illegal entry."

what on earth does that mean, other than a baseless 'proclamation'?
Ippo would not be allowed in any of the author tournaments, because such tournaments require the author to submit or authorize the submission. Given that Ippo has anonymous authors, that can't happen. Thus, all derivatives of Ippo suffer the same problem.

There are other reasons some may quote for Ippo and its derivatives not being allowed, but the one I stated is completely accurate and sufficient.
Last edited by CRoberson on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

hgm wrote:

I understand both you and Ed and I do not think that Ed is incapable of understanding the logic of simple sentences.

The problem is not that ICGA is not going to allow using ideas but that it is not clear what they allow and what they not allow and every author who took only ideas can be afraid that they are going to decide that he is quilty.
kranium

Post by kranium »

CRoberson wrote: Robo = ippo cleaned up a bit to make it more human readable.
wrong...
there's quite a bit more, (especially if you take time to look, and not simply rush to judgement, and post something because it serves your seemingly 'Elitist' agenda)

version 0.09
- The source code readability greatly improved, translations added and updated, indentation and white space usage unified and standardized
-All new features easy adjustable during compilation time by setting appropriate switches in robbolito.h
-Alignment of hash structures improved
-Improved bit scan functions
-Improved rand function
-New version of popcnt function as an option
-Cache prefetching added
-New smooth scaling of null move, inspired by Dann Corbit's idea, and modified for Robbolito
-Improved time management especially in time controls without increment and tournament. The basic TM from g3, improved with some ideas from e4 and from the anonymous author.

Ps-
here's the longest running rating list from Immortal...

seems like Robbolito is well ahead...where did you get your info?
or is this just another part of the unending CCC 'good-old boys' misinformation campaign to discredit others?
kranium

Post by kranium »

CRoberson wrote: Robo = ippo cleaned up a bit to make it more human readable.
PS-
it Robbo, not Robo (i.e. has nothing to do with robotics)
that being said, it makes perfect sense you are ignorant in these matters...

unfortunately, i can't produce a (more acceptable?) CCRL rating list comparing Ippolit vs Robbolito...know why?
because CCRL has never tested either engine!

why not one may ask? well, let's be perfectly honest Charles...
it's because people like you, Bob Hyatt, Don Dailey, Graham Banks, etc., etc. (i.e. the collective 'good-old-boys') have perpetrated an endless campaign to completely discredit anything associated with ippolit...and without any 'stitch' of proof or wrongdoing or illegality.

why?
i don't know, i certainly don't understand it...
perhaps you can answer that yourself if you try.

i can only speculate:
a pathetic and desperate need to eliminate ippolit from the reality that it exists and is valid...and is better than my engine?
Last edited by kranium on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.