WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kranium

Re: WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Post by kranium »

Peter Berger wrote:i have kept silent way too long when it is about the core issue here in my opinion.

Let's step back to 2004.

Omid David decided to organize a WCCC in his home country.

I was a CTF member these days , and Omid was one of its main members too. Although he was controversial most of the time, I felt for him as a fellow member and a nice young man.

Bob Hyatt , a former contender in computerchess land from many years ago, did his very best to organize some kind of general boycott in the then CCC, even going so far to make it a topic about Israel.

ICGA was a horrible organisation according to him, completely useless with useless rules and standards, same as its events ( and this can be verified easily - everything's availlable on the internet somehow). He disagreed about everything when it is about this event, and wanted it to be cancelled. He ran a heated campaign, that I thought had some potential of being influential.

I decided to stop this. And so I did. I offered him to operate Crafty in Ramat-Gan.

Bob Hyatt was easily the most controversial ICGA member back then, and the ICGA officials even questioned his membership and his right to participate.

To see him as a main defender of ICGA rules in 2011 is just amazing: Bob Hyatt, you are a hypocrite!

nuff said.
Peter
Peter in case you haven't noticed...
Bob has just methodically spammed this topic with 24 out of the last 25 responses,
systematically rebuking each and every post he doesn't agree with supreme proclamation

so, please don't forget:
'complete and utter'
as well as
'belligerent' and 'bully'
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Peter Berger wrote:i have kept silent way too long when it is about the core issue here in my opinion.

Let's step back to 2004.

I was a CTF member these days , and Omid was one of its main members too. Although he was controversial most of the time, I felt for him as a fellow member and a nice young man.

Bob Hyatt , a former contender in computerchess land from many years ago, did his very best to organize some kind of general boycott in the then CCC, even going so far to make it a topic about Israel.

ICGA was a horrible organisation according to him, completely useless with useless rules and standards, same as its events ( and this can be verified easily - everything's availlable on the internet somehow). He disagreed about everything when it is about this event, and wanted it to be cancelled. He ran a heated campaign, that I thought had some potential of being influential.

I decided to stop this. And so I did. I offered him to operate Crafty in Ramat-Gan.

Bob Hyatt was easily the most controversial ICGA member back then, and the ICGA officials even questioned his membership and his right to participate.

To see him as a main defender of ICGA rules in 2011 is just amazing: Bob Hyatt, you are a hypocrite!

nuff said.
Peter
Peter, that was 2003, Graz, and Bob wasn't the issue, regardless what his stance was on the ICGA.
Terry McCracken
bob

Post by bob »

Let's step back to 2004.

nuff said.
Peter
All I can say to that is "eh?" I absolutely did not try to organize any sort of boycott. I'm sure you can provide some links to support such nonsense??? I have voiced concerns about the ICGA in general. Not holding wccc events in north america as the original charter required. Not providing any external access to games for authors that competed remotely so that we could see what was going on...

ICGA NEVER "questioned my membership and/or right to participate." Don't know where that comes from. In fact, I don't know where ANY of your nonsense comes from...

Since you apparently need a little education, "hypocrite" means someone that says one thing and does another. Please point out ONE such example for me. I have NEVER been against ICGA rule 2. That is the ONLY rule we have been discussing. Rather than me being a hypocrite, I'd suggest you are a liar...

The only issue I recall was when the ICGA held a WCCC in a location where some members were not ALLOWED to enter because of their citizenship. I do not remember the specifics. Certainly that was a bad idea... May as well go to South Africa with "no blacks allowed". Or Somalia with "no whites allowed" or perhaps Iraq with "no sane people allowed."
Last edited by bob on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry McCracken

kranium wrote:

Let's step back to 2004.

nuff said.
Peter
Peter in case you haven't noticed...
Bob has just methodically spammed this topic with 24 out of the last 25 responses,
systematically rebuking each and every post he doesn't agree with supreme proclamation

so, please don't forget:
'complete and utter'
as well as
'belligerent' and 'bully'
Oh please, and Ed? It's ridiculous.
Terry McCracken
bob

Post by bob »

My advice to you would be to butt out. You say I spam? When all I offer is direct refutations to Ed's nonsense. What, EXACTLY, do you offer to these discussions? Nothing but whining because you can't enter YOUR clones... Give me a break.
Peter Berger

Post by Peter Berger »

bob wrote:

Let's step back to 2004.

nuff said.
Peter
All I can say to that is "eh?" I absolutely did not try to organize any sort of boycott. I'm sure you can provide some links to support such nonsense??? I have voiced concerns about the ICGA in general. Not holding wccc events in north america as the original charter required. Not providing any external access to games for authors that competed remotely so that we could see what was going on...

ICGA NEVER "questioned my membership and/or right to participate." Don't know where that comes from. In fact, I don't know where ANY of your nonsense comes from...

Since you apparently need a little education, "hypocrite" means someone that says one thing and does another. Please point out ONE such example for me. I have NEVER been against ICGA rule 2. That is the ONLY rule we have been discussing. Rather than me being a hypocrite, I'd suggest you are a liar...

The only issue I recall was when the ICGA held a WCCC in a location where some members were not ALLOWED to enter because of their citizenship. I do not remember the specifics. Certainly that was a bad idea... May as well go to South Africa with "no blacks allowed". Or Somalia with "no whites allowed" or perhaps Iraq with "no sane people allowed."
Bob, you even went as far as saying that *no one* with any basic moral standards, would even *consider* to take part in such an event.
Something you conveniently and quickly decided to forget once you were registered as a contender - the more as you had a competitive entry.

And of course ICGA questioned your membership - did you really forget? At least I do remember the discussions with Joke and Jaap very well.

It is not my task to back this up with quotes . I am a stranger in computerchess land these days and I don't care too much.

It still is the truth.

Peter
kranium

Post by kranium »

bob wrote:What, EXACTLY, do you offer to these discussions? Nothing but whining because you can't enter YOUR clones... Give me a break.
the redemption, recognition, eventual acceptance of Ivanhoe = a worthy goal
it is a valid program victim of intense wrongdoing...

you incessantly condemning it without proof = sick and disturbing

you incessantly spamming and belittling everyone else...in a narcissistic and vain effort to
secure Crafty's legacy as the only truly 'original' program ever created...?

sorry...must puke now.
geots

Post by geots »

Just when I thought I had it all in place- things going smoothly- with the completion of "Program A" vs. IvanHoe T52E. As described in the thread of mine I am replying to.

"Program A": +17/-10/=13

IvanHoe T52E: +10/-17/=13

40 game- 3'+2" Blitz
All specs same as match run nite before last, with IvanHoe 9.46a playing same "Program A"

Fine, until I checked the PGNs and found that IvanHoe T52E lost all 17 games on "Time". 8 of the losses were in dead won positions, such as each engine showing "+8.40" in favor of IvanHoe.

I stopped looking there- what was the point. Strange that it must have had none of those problems if you are to believe it came in 9th ag. extremely tough competition in the List Norman showed us. Or at least was rated 9th. And that was 1'+1" bullet. Could not have been affected by time losses there.

Maybe I shall go to 40/4 repeating and see if that solves the problem. It usually will. Where the hell is Shaun Brewer? He's the Blitz guru.

Red Army Stumbles Regards,

george
Terry McCracken

Peter Berger wrote:
bob wrote:

Let's step back to 2004.

nuff said.
Peter

Bob, you even went as far as saying that *no one* with any basic moral standards, would even *consider* to take part in such an event.
Something you conveniently and quickly decided to forget once you were registered as a contender - the more as you had a competitive entry.

And of course ICGA questioned your membership - did you really forget? At least I do remember the discussions with Joke and Jaap very well.

It is not my task to back this up with quotes . I am a stranger in computerchess land these days and I don't care too much.

It still is the truth.

Peter
No it isn't.
Terry McCracken
Terry McCracken

kranium wrote:
bob wrote:What, EXACTLY, do you offer to these discussions? Nothing but whining because you can't enter YOUR clones... Give me a break.
the redemption, recognition, eventual acceptance of Ivanhoe = a worthy goal
it is a valid program victim of intense wrongdoing...

you incessantly condemning it without proof = sick and disturbing

you incessantly spamming and belittling everyone else...in a narcissistic and vain effort to
secure Crafty's legacy as the only truly 'original' program ever created...?

sorry...must puke now.
How lame and dishonest!
Terry McCracken