WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bob

Re: WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Post by bob »

Rebel wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
bob wrote: Ed is simply exposing his dishonest intentions here.
Now behave you bully, we are NOT at Rybka Forum here.
Understood ?
I simply write the truth wherever I post. You should try it.
Disagree with Hyatt is dishonesty ?
Nope, but making the completely dishonest statement you are making certainly qualifies... About the closest you come to "honest" is via an occasional half-truth (half-truth by omission of key details).
bob

Post by bob »

kranium wrote:
bob wrote:What, EXACTLY, do you offer to these discussions? Nothing but whining because you can't enter YOUR clones... Give me a break.
the redemption, recognition, eventual acceptance of Ivanhoe = a worthy goal
it is a valid program victim of intense wrongdoing...

you incessantly condemning it without proof = sick and disturbing

you incessantly spamming and belittling everyone else...in a narcissistic and vain effort to
secure Crafty's legacy as the only truly 'original' program ever created...?

sorry...must puke now.
Puke away. If Ivanhoe was written by the same authors as ippolit, AND the Ivanhoe authors come out from under the rock they hide under, the program could well be legitimate. But it will NEVER be legit without real authors. And no derivative of it will EVER be legit anyway...
bob

Post by bob »

Peter Berger wrote:
bob wrote:
Peter Berger wrote:i have kept silent way too long when it is about the core issue here in my opinion.

Let's step back to 2004.

Omid David decided to organize a WCCC in his home country.

I was a CTF member these days , and Omid was one of its main members too. Although he was controversial most of the time, I felt for him as a fellow member and a nice young man.

Bob Hyatt , a former contender in computerchess land from many years ago, did his very best to organize some kind of general boycott in the then CCC, even going so far to make it a topic about Israel.

ICGA was a horrible organisation according to him, completely useless with useless rules and standards, same as its events ( and this can be verified easily - everything's availlable on the internet somehow). He disagreed about everything when it is about this event, and wanted it to be cancelled. He ran a heated campaign, that I thought had some potential of being influential.

I decided to stop this. And so I did. I offered him to operate Crafty in Ramat-Gan.

Bob Hyatt was easily the most controversial ICGA member back then, and the ICGA officials even questioned his membership and his right to participate.

To see him as a main defender of ICGA rules in 2011 is just amazing: Bob Hyatt, you are a hypocrite!

nuff said.
Peter
All I can say to that is "eh?" I absolutely did not try to organize any sort of boycott. I'm sure you can provide some links to support such nonsense??? I have voiced concerns about the ICGA in general. Not holding wccc events in north america as the original charter required. Not providing any external access to games for authors that competed remotely so that we could see what was going on...

ICGA NEVER "questioned my membership and/or right to participate." Don't know where that comes from. In fact, I don't know where ANY of your nonsense comes from...

Since you apparently need a little education, "hypocrite" means someone that says one thing and does another. Please point out ONE such example for me. I have NEVER been against ICGA rule 2. That is the ONLY rule we have been discussing. Rather than me being a hypocrite, I'd suggest you are a liar...

The only issue I recall was when the ICGA held a WCCC in a location where some members were not ALLOWED to enter because of their citizenship. I do not remember the specifics. Certainly that was a bad idea... May as well go to South Africa with "no blacks allowed". Or Somalia with "no whites allowed" or perhaps Iraq with "no sane people allowed."
Bob, you even went as far as saying that *no one* with any basic moral standards, would even *consider* to take part in such an event.
Something you conveniently and quickly decided to forget once you were registered as a contender - the more as you had a competitive entry.

And of course ICGA questioned your membership - did you really forget? At least I do remember the discussions with Joke and Jaap very well.

It is not my task to back this up with quotes . I am a stranger in computerchess land these days and I don't care too much.

It still is the truth.

Peter
Again, is this the event that excluded some? Amir for example? I don't remember the specifics. But if that is the event you are talking about, damned right I thought it should be cancelled. Why would ANYONE hold an event where some are excluded solely by religion, or citizenship, or race, or anything else?

Never had my membership questioned, except within the context of "was it up to date" (one does have to pay annual dues). There were occasional mix-ups regarding that, for sure...
bob

Post by bob »

Rebel wrote:
bob wrote: Maybe "a barrier that keeps LAZY new entrants out."
If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair

All across the nation such a strange vibration
People in motion
There's a whole generation with a new (ELO) explanation
People in motion people in motion

For those who come to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you come to San Francisco

If you come to San Francisco

----------

But continue trying to stop the future.

You are not the first one :wink:
I do not believe the "world of clones" will come to pass. You keep trying, as a way of justifying what Vas did, of course. I do not believe that pig will ever fly, however...

No more than we will see motorcycles in the Tour De France or in the Kentucky Derby.
Milos

Post by Milos »

bob wrote:Again, is this the event that excluded some? Amir for example? I don't remember the specifics. But if that is the event you are talking about, damned right I thought it should be cancelled. Why would ANYONE hold an event where some are excluded solely by religion, or citizenship, or race, or anything else?
Then you should exclude all the events happening in USA since ppl from Iran, N. Korea, Syria, Belarus, Afganistan, etc. (list if fairly long) are not able to participate solely based on their citizenship.
bob

Post by bob »

Milos wrote:
bob wrote:Again, is this the event that excluded some? Amir for example? I don't remember the specifics. But if that is the event you are talking about, damned right I thought it should be cancelled. Why would ANYONE hold an event where some are excluded solely by religion, or citizenship, or race, or anything else?
Then you should exclude all the events happening in USA since ppl from Iran, N. Korea, Syria, Belarus, Afganistan, etc. (list if fairly long) are not able to participate solely based on their citizenship.
Eh? I know of a private school about 20 miles from where I am right now that has a student from North Korea. Iranian students are enrolled at UAB. I have had several over the past 10 years. Ditto for at least 1-2 Afghans... Do not directly recall anyone from Syria.

Your data is not exactly up to date. Google "Afghan visa requirements" to discover they are welcome here. Ditto for others, although I did not take the time to test all of the ones you listed...
Milos

Post by Milos »

bob wrote:Eh? I know of a private school about 20 miles from where I am right now that has a student from North Korea. Iranian students are enrolled at UAB. I have had several over the past 10 years. Ditto for at least 1-2 Afghans... Do not directly recall anyone from Syria.

Your data is not exactly up to date. Google "Afghan visa requirements" to discover they are welcome here. Ditto for others, although I did not take the time to test all of the ones you listed...
Unfortunately you can't try acquiring USA visa for coming to some computer chess tournament as Iranian citizen. If you could maybe you'd realize how ridiculous is that WASP bubble you are living in.
And if you actually did some research work instead of just (pr)(t)eaching, managed to published a paper and participated in some conference in your beloved US, you might be even able to realize why there are so many no-show-ups for accepted papers from respected universities from certain parts of the world coming from ppl that normally participate whenever conferences are not in USofA...
bob

Post by bob »

Milos wrote:
bob wrote:Eh? I know of a private school about 20 miles from where I am right now that has a student from North Korea. Iranian students are enrolled at UAB. I have had several over the past 10 years. Ditto for at least 1-2 Afghans... Do not directly recall anyone from Syria.

Unfortunately you can't try acquiring USA visa for coming to some computer chess tournament as Iranian citizen. If you could maybe you'd realize how ridiculous is that WASP bubble you are living in.
And if you actually did some research work instead of just (pr)(t)eaching, managed to published a paper and participated in some conference in your beloved US, you might be even able to realize why there are so many no-show-ups for accepted papers from respected universities from certain parts of the world coming from ppl that normally participate whenever conferences are not in USofA...
Last conference I attended earlier this year didn't have any no-shows in any of the sessions I attended. Can't speak for all conferences, because I don't try to attend them all. So I won't make the mistake of trying to speak for the entire planet, which is what YOU seem to be doing.
kranium

Post by kranium »

bob wrote: If Ivanhoe was written by the same authors as ippolit, AND the Ivanhoe authors come out from under the rock they hide under, the program could well be legitimate. But it will NEVER be legit without real authors. And no derivative of it will EVER be legit anyway...
the many thousands of users (even GMs like Anand etc.) that have downloaded and are using Ippolit, Robbolito, IvanHoe, Houdini, etc. daily, may beg to disagree...

i've got news for you: they don't listen to what you have to say, and don't care...
and most/all disagree with your 'ICGA/CCC fiefdom supreme proclamation' in this regard.
(most don't even know who you are...)

that being said, i realize you (until your last dying breath) will unfairly attempt to sabotage and prevent them from ever entering an ICGA event...
but frankly Bob 'who gives a damn'?

it has been well established that the ICGA is a complete farce, and your omnipotent powers concerning these matters end there.
bob

Post by bob »

kranium wrote:
bob wrote: If Ivanhoe was written by the same authors as ippolit, AND the Ivanhoe authors come out from under the rock they hide under, the program could well be legitimate. But it will NEVER be legit without real authors. And no derivative of it will EVER be legit anyway...
the many thousands of users (even GMs like Anand etc.) that have downloaded and are using Ippolit, Robbolito, IvanHoe, Houdini, etc. daily, may beg to disagree...

i've got news for you: they don't listen to what you have to say, and don't care...
and most/all disagree with your 'ICGA/CCC fiefdom supreme proclamation' in this regard.
(most don't even know who you are...)

that being said, i realize you (until your last dying breath) will unfairly attempt to sabotage and prevent them from ever entering an ICGA event...
but frankly Bob 'who gives a damn'?

it has been well established that the ICGA is a complete farce, and your omnipotent powers concerning these matters end there.
They can "beg to disagree" all they want. There are many people in China that buy windows for 99 cents and the like. And they use it all they want. But it does NOT make it legitimate. It just shows that they have very low moral values and are willing to rip off others for their own personal gain...

"It has been well established..."??? By YOU? You don't exactly count in the grand scheme of things, do you? It would seem the only thing you are useful for is to keep the "clone finders" busy...