WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bob

Re: WCCC 2011 - Junior is the 2011 World Champion

Post by bob »

kranium wrote:
kranium wrote:
hgm wrote:
kranium wrote:Charles, in all due respect,
i'm quite sure you (as TD and program entrant) could pare the list of entrants even further for your benefit couldn't you?
what's wrong with 'open' formats?
(which i'm sure would meet with most users overwhelming approval?)
You are quick with random accusations, (which probably says all about your character). The pairings were made by a program adapted by me (mamer), and when one of the spectators managed to crash it, they were made by me by hand.

If there is anything suspect about the pairings, I challenge you to point it out, and tell us how a better pairing could have been made, and which engine was favored. But you probably did not even glance at the pairings.

You don't shy from fabricating viscious lies whenever it seems to suit your cause, and I frankly don't see why anyone should believe anything you say ever!
?
there is no spelling error...
i.e. i am not referring to his (or your) 'pairings'

i said 'pare', as in using a paring knife...

(zoals een 'potat-mes' in het Nederlands, maar gebruikt als actie woord)

Harm-
please reread my post w/ that in mind and you'll see i was simply asking about (what i perceive as) the tournament's restrictive entrance requirements...
i.e. why it couldn't be 'open' to all
It WAS open to all legitimate programs...
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Keith,

I am lately told here by another Vas_is_guilty chess programmer that common sense applies and using that as a measure rod there is NOTHING that justifies the ICGA procedure.

Read carefully David's words, he seems to agree without saying it openly. If there ever will be a next time of this magnitude it will be something like I proposed.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
bob wrote: Ed is simply exposing his dishonest intentions here.
Now behave you bully, we are NOT at Rybka Forum here.
Understood ?
I simply write the truth wherever I post. You should try it.
Disagree with Hyatt is dishonesty ?
Nope, but making the completely dishonest statement you are making certainly qualifies... About the closest you come to "honest" is via an occasional half-truth (half-truth by omission of key details).
Mailed the following to the mods:

Can Bob please stop calling me dishonest for having a different opinion ?

I warned him 2 times, apparently Bob is looking for a confrontation.

Thank you.

Ed
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

bob wrote: I do not believe the "world of clones" will come to pass. You keep trying, as a way of justifying what Vas did, of course. I do not believe that pig will ever fly, however...
Second time you make that accusation. Same answer: it's not about Vas, it's about those pesky Ippo sources that you can download and won't go away and trying to find a solution for it.

It's about being constructive in a time of chaos.
No more than we will see motorcycles in the Tour De France or in the Kentucky Derby.
Surely when there ever will be a case opened against Lance Armstrong all these no.2 (Alex Zülle, Jan Ullrich, Beloki, Andreas Klöden, Ivan Basso will NEVER be in a Panel and given the power of a vote.
marcelk

Post by marcelk »

bob wrote:
Peter Berger wrote: Bob, you even went as far as saying that *no one* with any basic moral standards, would even *consider* to take part in such an event.
Something you conveniently and quickly decided to forget once you were registered as a contender - the more as you had a competitive entry.

And of course ICGA questioned your membership - did you really forget? At least I do remember the discussions with Joke and Jaap very well.

It is not my task to back this up with quotes . I am a stranger in computerchess land these days and I don't care too much.

It still is the truth.

Peter
Again, is this the event that excluded some? Amir for example? I don't remember the specifics.
Amir won that WCCC also. It is the one where after one hour of announcing the tournament somebody demanded the ICGA to provide flake jackets for the participants (clarifying in another post that he didn't mean it as a joke) and not much later announcing the cancellation of his membership. The longest sub-topic is titled "12th WCCC, Bar-Ilan University: why not to go". If the negativity is to be understood in some other way than an attempt to persuade others not to join, or to derail the organization, then I invite the reader to point out where this person promotes the tournament and encourages participation: http://www.stmintz.com/ccc/index.php?id=332636
I could not find any so Peter view seems not only plausible, but also the way he supported Omir David deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize and to be guaranteed a shrine next to Mother Theresa's.
But if that is the event you are talking about, damned right I thought it should be cancelled. Why would ANYONE hold an event where some are excluded solely by religion, or citizenship, or race, or anything else?
That is a very good question and maybe some ACCA representative can shed a light on that one.
bob

Post by bob »

Rebel wrote:Keith,

I am lately told here by another Vas_is_guilty chess programmer that common sense applies and using that as a measure rod there is NOTHING that justifies the ICGA procedure.

Read carefully David's words, he seems to agree without saying it openly. If there ever will be a next time of this magnitude it will be something like I proposed.
So another "I know a guy that says..."

??
bob

Post by bob »

Rebel wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
bob wrote: Ed is simply exposing his dishonest intentions here.
Now behave you bully, we are NOT at Rybka Forum here.
Understood ?
I simply write the truth wherever I post. You should try it.
Disagree with Hyatt is dishonesty ?
Nope, but making the completely dishonest statement you are making certainly qualifies... About the closest you come to "honest" is via an occasional half-truth (half-truth by omission of key details).
Mailed the following to the mods:

Can Bob please stop calling me dishonest for having a different opinion ?

I warned him 2 times, apparently Bob is looking for a confrontation.

Thank you.

Ed
Mail whatever you want. You stop making dishonest statements such as "levy accused Vas of taking ideas" and you will stop seeing those rebuttals. Continue to make false statements, I will continue to point 'em out. What's good for the goose and all that...

All bob is looking for is "elimination of all this dishonest stuff you are trying to pawn off as factual..."
bob

Post by bob »

marcelk wrote:
bob wrote:
Peter Berger wrote: Bob, you even went as far as saying that *no one* with any basic moral standards, would even *consider* to take part in such an event.
Something you conveniently and quickly decided to forget once you were registered as a contender - the more as you had a competitive entry.

And of course ICGA questioned your membership - did you really forget? At least I do remember the discussions with Joke and Jaap very well.

It is not my task to back this up with quotes . I am a stranger in computerchess land these days and I don't care too much.

It still is the truth.

Peter
Again, is this the event that excluded some? Amir for example? I don't remember the specifics.
Amir won that WCCC also. It is the one where after one hour of announcing the tournament somebody demanded the ICGA to provide flake jackets for the participants (clarifying in another post that he didn't mean it as a joke) and not much later announcing the cancellation of his membership. The longest sub-topic is titled "12th WCCC, Bar-Ilan University: why not to go". If the negativity is to be understood in some other way than an attempt to persuade others not to join, or to derail the organization, then I invite the reader to point out where this person promotes the tournament and encourages participation: http://www.stmintz.com/ccc/index.php?id=332636
I could not find any so Peter view seems not only plausible, but also the way he supported Omir David deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize and to be guaranteed a shrine next to Mother Theresa's.
But if that is the event you are talking about, damned right I thought it should be cancelled. Why would ANYONE hold an event where some are excluded solely by religion, or citizenship, or race, or anything else?
That is a very good question and maybe some ACCA representative can shed a light on that one.
Never been any ACCA exclusions based on anything other than Geography, it is "American Computer Chess Assoiciation" you notice???

BTW, everyone SHOULD read the thread you gave a link to. You might notice there was no "boycott" talk.

I pointed out several flaws.

(1) event too long

(2) event too expensive

(3) event not alternating between north america and europe as the original charter required.

(4) Holding the event in a location that was not exactly safe, due to hostilities between Israel and every Islamic country within missile range, including Iraq.

Not exactly the picture Peter was trying to paint, but then it is always better to read to see what went on exactly, anyway...
bob

Post by bob »

Rebel wrote:
bob wrote: I do not believe the "world of clones" will come to pass. You keep trying, as a way of justifying what Vas did, of course. I do not believe that pig will ever fly, however...
Second time you make that accusation. Same answer: it's not about Vas, it's about those pesky Ippo sources that you can download and won't go away and trying to find a solution for it.

It's about being constructive in a time of chaos.
No more than we will see motorcycles in the Tour De France or in the Kentucky Derby.
Surely when there ever will be a case opened against Lance Armstrong all these no.2 (Alex Zülle, Jan Ullrich, Beloki, Andreas Klöden, Ivan Basso will NEVER be in a Panel and given the power of a vote.
Those pesky ippo sources are not going to be a problem. If someone copies them, they WILL get caught. Just as have those that copied Fruit and others...

What "power of a vote" did anyone on the panel have? The ICGA board made the decision they handed down. They didn't tally up the vote and say "ok, enough voted guilty, no need to look..."

Worrying about competitors being on the panel is quite silly. And it also seems quite strange since YOU wanted to be on there. And you wanted Chris to be on there. So can you POSSIBLY pick one side of the street and stay on it? You are waffle-city here. No programmers should be there. Chris should have been there. I wanted to be there but left when Chris was not accepted. Does that REALLY sound rational to you?
kranium

Post by kranium »

bob wrote: "It has been well established..."??? By YOU? You don't exactly count in the grand scheme of things, do you?
i prefer to leave the decision of 'who counts' and 'who doesn't count' to higher powers.
your propensity/need to do so, all the while insulting and belittling all who disagree with you speaks volumes, however...

taking note of your inflated ego: is there any room left (for anyone else) in your 'grand scheme of things' fantasy?

i.e. if you work feverishly enough discrediting and insulting everyone (as you certainly have been),
i'm sure you'll eventually reach your goal...and can be the sole participant!