New Hiarcs 14

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr. Axel Schumacher
Location: Cologne-Uppsala-St. Petersburg-Cambridge-Toronto-Munich-Basel

Yes, a new GUI

Post by Dr. Axel Schumacher »

fern wrote:In fact I did not complain, but asked. It could be that I was wrong and 80 -sorry: 79.95- is not too much after all.
In these cases I do not complain: I just do not purchase.
Respect strength, you are right, that's the reason I say once and again that commercial programs cannot just offer engines but must give some extra things, as a new gui, services, etc.,.
If not, your reasoning is always demolishing.

Fern
I really do not understand why nobody is interested in producing a new GUI. There is soo much potential and it would be much more useful for millions of potential customers (well,..at least me and Fern).
I want:
- A nice design (more like Fritz, but with more fancy playing tools)
- Many cool characters I can play against (with a large varitey of Elos and playing styles; however more entertaining and interactive compared to the Chessmaster series; e.g. with player animations)
- A chess-club or tournament simulator (that would be a really entertaining feature; there should be virtual chess-clubs you can enter, with ral room simulation, e.g. a house, tables, people walking around to give it athmosphere, and then you play against the other members/characters of that club, with the possibility to improve to better clubs or leagues later. So this could include a simulation of national leagues and tournaments. You could work on your virtual FM norm etc.. Just imagine the fun reaching a new level. Imagine yourself playing in Linares or Wijk am Zee! That would be fun. There could even be real chess clubs involved (not comparable to the poor option that can be found in Playchess)
-A startup/installation wizard which askes what I want to do with the GUI in detail. So only the tasks that I am interested in are displayd in the GUI. Arena or Fritz GUIs for example are very nice, but I do only use 5% of their features
- Moron 2.0 preinstalled (although this would raise the price astronomically)

Axel
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five".
Groucho Marx
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: Yes, a new GUI

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote:
fern wrote:In fact I did not complain, but asked. It could be that I was wrong and 80 -sorry: 79.95- is not too much after all.
Respect strength, you are right, that's the reason I say once and again that commercial programs cannot just offer engines but must give some extra things, as a new gui, services, etc.,.

Fern
I really do not understand why nobody is interested in producing a new GUI. There is soo much potential and it would be much more useful for millions of potential customers (well,..at least me and Fern).
I want:
- Many cool characters I can play against (with a large varitey of Elos and playing styles; however more entertaining and interactive compared to the Chessmaster series; e.g. with player animations)
- A chess-club or tournament simulator (that would be a really entertaining feature; there should be virtual chess-clubs you can enter, with ral room simulation, e.g. a house, tables, people walking around to give it athmosphere, and then you play against the other members/characters of that club, with the possibility to improve to better clubs or leagues later. So this could include a simulation of national leagues and tournaments. You could work on your virtual FM norm etc.. Just imagine the fun reaching a new level. Imagine yourself playing in Linares or Wijk am Zee! That would be fun. There could even be real chess clubs involved (not comparable to the poor option that can be found in Playchess)
-A startup/installation wizard which askes what I want to do with the GUI in detail. So only the tasks that I am interested in are displayd in the GUI. Arena or Fritz GUIs for example are very nice, but I do only use 5% of their features

Axel
Be careful what you wish for http://www.hiarcs.com/chess-explorer.htm
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re:Bravo Hiarcs team !

Post by Sylwy »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote:

Fern
I want:

Axel
Be careful what you wish for http://www.hiarcs.com/chess-explorer.htm
"HIARCS Chess Explorer is an exciting new chess product which is under development and will be available in early 2012. More details on the new chess explorer application will be posted here when they are ready. We hope chess players of all chess abilities who really wish to explore and improve their chess will like the new HIARCS chess explorer software."
fern

Post by fern »

At last I find here a brother soul!!!!
And your ideas are very very exciting!!!
I would pay any price for a program like that.

Fern
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

fern wrote:At last I find here a brother soul!!!!

Fern
A discount is always available to you if you come up with a good quote for the website :)
MM

Post by MM »

fern wrote: I would pay any price for a program like that.

Fern
You said that! :-)
MM
fern

Post by fern »

You already have my quotes since ever, but how could I quote something that I do no have?

Catch 22 regards
Fern
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
fern wrote:At last I find here a brother soul!!!!

Fern
A discount is always available to you if you come up with a good quote for the website :)
"Hiarcs Explorer is the only thing in the world that can distract me from women!" (Fernando Villegas, 2012)
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
dj

Re: Price a bit too high?

Post by dj »

fern wrote:In fact I did not complain, but asked. It could be that I was wrong and 80 -sorry: 79.95- is not too much after all...
Fern
Perhaps, but I suspect that the price is necessary for Mark to be able to make something resembling a respectable living from writing chess programs. Remember that he ditched computer chess for a couple of years to earn a more certain income.
fern

Post by fern »

Marcel, tu vas trop loin.....rien peut etre preferable pour moi a les femmes.

Ah si le femmnes francaises seulemet voulait prend un petit plus de douches...
Fern