Does anybody know the rating of this little engine?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pichy

Does anybody know the rating of this little engine?

Post by pichy »

acase
Full name: Andrew R Case

Re: Does anybody know the rating of this little engine?

Post by acase »

Well, from thew reviews on CNET, a lot of the people there say it is stronger than Chessmaster 10....so it must be pretty strong, however I can't give you a "rating", also I can't tell you if it is a clone :wink:
pichy

Re: Does anybody know the rating of this little engine?

Post by pichy »

acase wrote:

Well, from thew reviews on CNET, a lot of the people there say it is stronger than Chessmaster 10....so it must be pretty strong, however I can't give you a "rating", also I can't tell you if it is a clone :wink:
I just played my first game using my 1.h3 Clemenz Opening at level 9
(3 seconds per move) and managed to have a draw. Long time ago about 18 years ago I used to be rated 2200, but I had gained a lot of experience playing versus computer engines :roll:
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Yea Chess exists from many years !

Post by Sylwy »

Hello !

Yes , Yea Chess is now at 4.77 version . The author is Mr. Drazen Beljan (Zagreb/Croatia) a well-known name in the games world. Here is his web page:

http://free-zd.t-com.hr/drazen/

A nice GUI , a strong (very !) engine , a small .exe.

A hint: the GUI can be resized - just drag from the right below corner.

Regards,
SilvianR :wink:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Sylwy wrote:Hello !

Yes , Yea Chess is now at 4.77 version . The author is Mr. Drazen Beljan (Zagreb/Croatia) a well-known name in the games world. Here is his web page:

Regards,
What is your estimation Silvian for this little beast as I intend to give it a wild card for entering my rating list :!: :?:

I read above that it's equal to Chessmaster X....
Cheers,
Dr.Deeb
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Regards,
What is your estimation Silvian for this little beast as I intend to give it a wild card for entering my rating list :!: :?:

Cheers,
Dr.Deeb
Hi Doc !

Being a native chess app. it's hard to predict ! You need an auto232 and a compatible GUI to play matches /tournaments.
Or enter the moves manually !
OK, I have played a lot of with this Yea Chess - seems to be around 2600-2700 ELO on CCRL (4/40).
Would be nice if Mr. Drazen Beljan will release a Wb/UCI version.

Have a nice day !
SilvianR

:wink:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Sylwy wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Regards,

Cheers,
Dr.Deeb
Hi Doc !

Being a native chess app. it's hard to predict ! You need an auto232 and a compatible GUI to play matches /tournaments.
Or enter the moves manually !
OK, I have played a lot of with this Yea Chess - seems to be around 2600-2700 ELO on CCRL (4/40).
Would be nice if Mr. Drazen Beljan will release a Wb/UCI version.

Have a nice day !
SilvianR

:wink:
Thanks buddy....

Well,unfortunately for me,I play manually all the chess applications that have their own GUI and I enjoy it a lot....

Ok,then I'll stick it as a 2600 Elo application and enter it in my running tournaments....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

Great engine! And it is a shame losing, giving it just 5 second per move. Could you tell the author to create more time controls? I feel better losing at 40 in one hour...

fern
pichy

Re: Yes Chess v4.77 vs Umko 1.2 ended 11 to 9

Post by pichy »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Regards,

Cheers,
Dr.Deeb

It is hard to estimate it, but at strength level 10 which play at 5 seconds per move and setting the Al level Above Nornal when you start a new game I have played 20 games versus Umko 1.2 also set to 5 sec per move using two screens and hitting Alt + Tab to switch back and forth on my AMD Athlon (TM) Dual Core Processor 4850e 2.50 GHz and it ended 11 to 9 in favor of Yes Chess v4.77 :shock:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Yes Chess v4.77 vs Umko 1.2 ended 11 to 9

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

pichy wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Regards,

Cheers,
Dr.Deeb

It is hard to estimate it, but at strength level 10 which play at 5 seconds per move and setting the Al level Above Nornal when you start a new game I have played 20 games versus Umko 1.2 also set to 5 sec per move using two screens and hitting Alt + Tab to switch back and forth on my AMD Athlon (TM) Dual Core Processor 4850e 2.50 GHz and it ended 11 to 9 in favor of Yes Chess v4.77 :shock:
Thanks....well that's pretty much how I test these engines which are not WB,UCI or ChessBase natives....

I'd say it's anything between 2600 & 2700 Elo,maybe a bit more....we'll see.....
Dr.D