Robodini Q&A

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Re: Robodini Q&A

Post by Don »

Modern Times wrote:
jd1 wrote: I agree with you about producing a _stronger_ Ivanhoe (or Robbolito, etc.). If I could I would, and I also agree that RH deserves a lot of credit for his work. If RH would just be honest - the matter is proven - I would have no problem at all here.

Jerry
Whether it is proven or not is a matter of opinion, depending on what level of proof that you require in order to start calling someone a liar.
Ray, that is not even in dispute. But more to the point it's not relevant to this conversation. We should avoid that because it would just degrade into the same as many other threads and would not longer even be interesting to discuss.
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

chessmann wrote:
http://chessengines.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/robodini/ wrote:We got a hack of Houdini 3. The community is puffed up. For me it is time to recall the roots of Houdini: Houdini is a clone of RobboLito. RobboLito is a derivative of Ippolit. Ippolit was supposed to be a hacked version of Rybka. Rybka started as Fruit…

Haha, LucasArts.

Bone in the end, Lucas is behind everything ....
I thought so ...
:lol: :lol:
GenoM

Post by GenoM »

Modern Times wrote:Well, Chessbase clearly don't have any concerns about the legality of Houdini. That is good enough for me.
lol
nice :D
take it easy :)
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Well it is true. Chessbase is a respectable company who would not be selling products that even had a hint of illegality. And I bet all their customers don't give a toss about its origins.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Modern Times wrote:Well it is true. Chessbase is a respectable company who would not be selling products that even had a hint of illegality. And I bet all their customers don't give a toss about its origins.
Correct.........
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Carotino

Re: The attack of clones

Post by Carotino »

The copy of the copy of the copy... Wow!

I had stopped at the "copy of the copy", has now added a new dimension and things become very complicated... I look forward to exciting new combinations (StoccoLini? RobboKomo? CraftoLito? ...Fantastic!) :D
Roberto
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Carotino wrote:The copy of the copy of the copy... Wow!

I had stopped at the "copy of the copy", has now added a new dimension and things become very complicated... I look forward to exciting new combinations (StoccoLini? RobboKomo? CraftoLito? ...Fantastic!) :D
No - we can do without those Roberto. :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

I think it's fantastic to have Vitruvius, Saros and Akkad. Do you plan a new clone/derivative Roberto? :wink:
Carotino

Post by Carotino »

mar wrote:

I think it's fantastic to have Vitruvius, Saros and Akkad. Do you plan a new clone/derivative Roberto? :wink:
I was always clear, since the first publication. I have never denied... My father! :lol:

Speaking of clones in this situation is ridiculous, and it means that you have not understood anything!

...If anything, there should be expressed with the powers: clone^2, clone^3, clone^4... :lol:
Roberto
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Carotino wrote:
mar wrote:

I was always clear, since the first publication. I have never denied... My father! :lol:

Speaking of clones in this situation is ridiculous, and it means that you have not understood anything!

...If anything, there should be expressed with the powers: clone^2, clone^3, clone^4... :lol:
Not a criticism Roberto, but I reckon you should stick to developing Vitruvius further and forget about your other efforts. One Ippo based engine per person is surely enough?
gbanksnz at gmail.com