Robodini Q&A

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Robodini Q&A

Post by hgm »

Ah, so your word is valid 'for everyone' now... You must have dillusions of god-hood. Is that what being a painter does to your brain? (All those thinner fumes... :wink: )

You can be sure as hell that you don't speak for me. That Bob does not want to invest time in getting something through your thick skull by doing what took Robert a few months, just to please you, doesn't mean a thing. (Well, it does mean he is not stark raving mad... :lol: ) Who do you think you are, that you expect everyone to dance at your whim?

(Oh yes, I forgot. The avenger of the end of times, of course:
Lavir wrote:P.S: Btw if in ever once in your life *you* will be right and I wrong in whatsoever argument, it will probably mean that the end or the world is near. Believe me, you have no possibility against me, there's no way. Just a friendly hint.
:lol: )
Lavir

Post by Lavir »

hgm wrote: You can be sure as hell that you don't speak for me. That Bob does not want to invest time in getting something through your thick skull by doing what took Robert a few months, just to please you, doesn't mean a thing. (Well, it does mean he is not stark raving mad... :lol: ) Who do you think you are, that you expect everyone to dance at your whim?
The fact that usually when one insist that something is cheating there must be a proof of that cheating?

The fact that if you keep insisting that what another guy did is "easy" or "nothing special" you must back-up the same with something more than idle talk as your hero always does?

For the good of chess programming in ascertain with a practical proof that indeed starting from source is an unfair advantage on those who "simply" copy ideas? I mean, are you not the "academic guys" that do all that you do for the good of humanity? This would be one of the best ways to prove that doing what Robert did indeed procure an unfair advantage in confront to others that do differently and for this it must be stopped.

And apart this for the simple money? I proposed a bet of 5.000 euro. I know that your hero is so powerful at blackjack that he can do that money in 3 hours, but 5.000 euros are always good to have isn't it?

P.S: I see that I must have really hurt your ego so much that you have always to profuse ad hominems towards me without saying anything of concrete at all since a while.

Doesn't this even minimally make you wonder at all on your pathetic self-respect? The fact that you have always to try to attract my attention by attacking me in every single thing (pertaining you or not) doesn't make you wonder that probably you have a bit of a complex of inferiority? Can it be just for this that you always pretend some that you instead think "inferior" to you to always bow the knee to what you say?

Just consider this and why what you and others do is extremely bad - for yourself: when you expect someone to bow to you, you are expecting yourself to bow to those you can recognize as superior (consciously or unconsciously).
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Sorry but I'm getting a little confused which engine is a clone of which engine here.
Would it be possible if anyone has the time to give a quick diagram of all cloned programs from Fruit onwards as I think Fruit is the starting point?
Thanks
Bryan
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

This thread will be locked temporarily while we either clean it up or make a decision about what stays, split, or moved.

/Mod Team

Dear membership,

There are three type of messages in the robodini threads

1- discussions about what is originality, about legality, and so on --> can stay in general topics or go to EO
2- discussions about specific engines origins (especially Houdini's, but also even Critter's and Ippo/Robbo's). They certainly belong to EO only.
3- personal attacks, off topic messages, hijacking. That belongs NOWHERE

These threads generated a lot of interest and we let them grow, but lately, they degenerated with more of type 2 and mainly type 3. It is impossible to remove all messages of type 3 without affecting content. So, if you need anything else to say, please start fresh, if possible in EO. We are going to lock the threads to preserve the content.

Mod team