Komodo release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jdart

Re: Komodo release

Post by jdart »

+1. Can't really improve on what Graham has said.

--Jon
Don

Post by Don »

Henk wrote:Do you think that chess programming has a bad influence on health. They say top sport is bad for health. Maybe that holds for top chess programming. I imagine one might work under high pressure. Maybe one have to solve difficult bugs in too short time etc.
I think it was all the Rybka and Houdini battles here on talkchess that will be the death of me :-)

Seriously, I don't take computer chess as seriously as it probably seems to everyone here. My "real" life means a lot more and I'm quite busy doing other things too although I am cutting back.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying :-)
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Kohflote

Post by Kohflote »

Yes, there are things more important that chess. Take care and wish you a full recovery. Take care!

Best wishes,
Koh, Kah Huat
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

Don wrote:As many of you know I have a fatal illness. It has progressed to a point where it has now become an acute form of Lukemia. I'm losing this battle. It is quite possible this will be the last Komodo release that I am involved in. Don
Hello Don,

My apologies, I was not aware of your illness. I wish you only the best in your fight against Lukemia. If you require any type of moral support please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours very truly,

Sean Evans
Henk

Post by Henk »

Would be nice to be at number 1. But of course it is no more than vanity and like chasing wind.

Ecclesiastes 1:
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Hello Don, I am truly sorry to hear of your illness. I lost my father in June to the same thing. Best wishes!
Don

Post by Don »

Henk wrote:Would be nice to be at number 1. But of course it is no more than vanity and like chasing wind.

Ecclesiastes 1:
will not be remembered
Wise King Solomon! I subscribe to his final conclusion in Chapter 12 verse 13 which basically sums up the entire book of Ecclesiastes after all the considerations he mentions.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Don, I hope and pray God will give you the grace and strength to fight the illness. My own father was diagnosed with something very similar, but he was very old (80+).

I thank you for your kind 'gift' to the chess community, Komodo -- calling it a gift, because it is so affordably priced for a top engine. It's been very sad to hear about your health troubles, but I continue to pull for you and Komodo (I think the new Komodo may well be #1, and that would be a fitting tribute!).

I hope you will get the the best health treatment and look forward to more contributions from you, if you feel that your condition allows it.

Best wishes,
Carl
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Don wrote:
Henk wrote:Would be nice to be at number 1. But of course it is no more than vanity and like chasing wind.

Ecclesiastes 1:
will not be remembered
Wise King Solomon! I subscribe to his final conclusion in Chapter 12 verse 13 which basically sums up the entire book of Ecclesiastes after all the considerations he mentions.

Don
Don, I am so sorry to hear your illness increased to the point of decreasing hope. You will be in my prayers in he hope the Almighty may grant you an Hezekiah experience.
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

I couldn't have said it better than Graham. I am a bit at a loss of words here.

And thanks for believing in me and TCEC, Don.
Just because of this I hope we will see Komodo in the Superfinal and that it wins.

Best,
Martin