Komodo release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Stonewall

Re: Komodo release

Post by Stonewall »

:cry: Very Sad to hear that from you Mr. Don.. Even if I don't know you personally, I really felt that you are a very good person.. Hope to see you working on Future Versions of Komodo.. Hoping that you can survive in battle of your life.. We're waiting for Komodo 6 :) Houdini must be dead after your release today. :)
Imagination is better than knowledge
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Not easy to beat Houdini 3.
Anyway, hope that komode 6 can at least match H3 :roll:
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
FWCC

Post by FWCC »

Hello Don and Larry,will the new Komodo 6 (scheduled for release today hopefully)be able to use SYZYGY bases now or in the Future?

Again Don I wish you all the best and miracles do happen.

FWCC
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

FWCC wrote:Hello Don and Larry,will the new Komodo 6 (scheduled for release today hopefully)be able to use SYZYGY bases now or in the Future?

Again Don I wish you all the best and miracles do happen.FWCC
Don did want to include them but we thought it best to release now as he might be too weak to work shortly. Probably either Don or our new partner will add them for the next release.

Larry
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

shrapnel wrote:Not easy to beat Houdini 3.
Anyway, hope that komode 6 can at least match H3 :roll:
I'm pretty sure it will depend on hardware and time control. At blitz or faster probably H3 will still come out ahead on most machines, but at longer time limits I think K6 will be favored, especially on the newer (third and fourth generation) intel computers. It may also depend on number of cores used, although this doesn't appear to matter very much. We'll know soon enough, although without IPON it may take a bit longer than usual to make a valid conclusion, as the intermediate level tests of CEGT and CCRL take a week or so to run.
Stonewall

Post by Stonewall »

Larry, Are you going to release Komodo 6 today ?
Don

Post by Don »

Stonewall wrote:Larry, Are you going to release Komodo 6 today ?
We are going to try - but I have been on chemo this week and that was not considered in the original plans. However it's very close to ready and final but getting a release ready and the web site working properly is a pain in the butt.

If it's not today it will more than likely be Monday or perhaps this weekend depending on everyone's schedules.
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Stonewall

Post by Stonewall »

Don wrote:
Stonewall wrote:Larry, Are you going to release Komodo 6 today ?
We are going to try - but I have been on chemo this week and that was not considered in the original plans. However it's very close to ready and final but getting a release ready and the web site working properly is a pain in the butt.

If it's not today it will more than likely be Monday or perhaps this weekend depending on everyone's schedules.
Ok, Thanks for answering Don, :) You will be fine.. It's just a matter of mind set.. Chess Community loves you..
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Just do what you can. Komodo 6 is going to be my IDeA engine for a long time to come. What you guys have done is fantastic.

Sent you a PM by the way
EroSennin

Post by EroSennin »

Don wrote: As many of you know I have a fatal illness. It has progressed to a point where it has now become an acute form of Lukemia. I'm losing this battle.
Damn boy