Komodo release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

shrapnel

Re: Komodo release

Post by shrapnel »

819 $ ??? :shock: No one is going to buy it !
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Mithu

Post by Mithu »

Whether it beats Houdini or not... let's enjoy the games that Komodo plays. I care two hoots for elo. And for an engine that is costing way too much lesser than H3 with just a 10-20 elo difference, I am pretty sure we will see more Komodo's sales.

Life and health is more important. Only an insane person will be caring about elo-comparisions and houdini strength, when its all about one man's fight against ill-health in this thread.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Mithu wrote:....Life and health is more important. Only an insane person will be caring about elo-comparisions and houdini strength, when its all about one man's fight against ill-health in this thread.
Agreed, although I think that insane is a bit strong.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Mithu wrote:Whether it beats Houdini or not... let's enjoy the games that Komodo plays. I care two hoots for elo. And for an engine that is costing way too much lesser than H3 with just a 10-20 elo difference, I am pretty sure we will see more Komodo's sales.

Life and health is more important. Only an insane person will be caring about elo-comparisions and houdini strength, when its all about one man's fight against ill-health in this thread.
Well but Don himself cares about elo-comparison with Houdini, it just isn't his top priority right now. I imagine that some good results for Komodo 6 will boost his spirits, which can't hurt his chances in the battle for life.
WuShock

slight problem

Post by WuShock »

Concentrate...

1. Left-click on the Komodo 6 download link
2. click 'Save' or 'save file'

Note: DON'T screw this up. You can download Komodo-6.zip just once.

--------------------------------------

I concentrated , did the left click , and everything went fine , but the DL stopped 3KB short ......... Am I toast ??

Komodo6-TomGlenn 0 B/s - 1,530 KB of 1,533 KB
Don

Re: slight problem

Post by Don »

WuShock wrote:Concentrate...

1. Left-click on the Komodo 6 download link
2. click 'Save' or 'save file'

Note: DON'T screw this up. You can download Komodo-6.zip just once.

--------------------------------------

I concentrated , did the left click , and everything went fine , but the DL stopped 3KB short ......... Am I toast ??

Komodo6-TomGlenn 0 B/s - 1,530 KB of 1,533 KB
Please don't use the forum for customer supports. You can send me emails - my email is visible from this site.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Bloodbane

Post by Bloodbane »

Created an accout to say this: good luck with your fight and hope you get better.
ankan
Full name: Ankan Banerjee

Post by ankan »

Sad to hear about your sickness Don. I wish you good luck and hope you get better.
Karol Majewski

Post by Karol Majewski »

AMD Phenom II X4 955, Windows 7 x64

1. Run Komodo exe file,
2. Close console window

Crash!

Not a serious problem but worth fixing.
UncombedCoconut

Post by UncombedCoconut »

Best wishes to you, Don. You've always contributed to the community here as a gifted, genuine, helpful expositor. I hope you win this battle, but your positive legacy will live on no matter what.
Never resign. :)