TM Dendogram - Christmas 2013 Edition

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Adam Hair

Re: TM Dendogram - Christmas 2013 Edition

Post by Adam Hair »

ThomasJMiller wrote:
Tom Likens wrote:Hello Thomas,

Djinn is weak, but I know I haven't copied it--that said, I would be very curious who it is most similar to. Could you include it in the test, (latest public version is 0.992)?

thanks,
--tom
Hello Tom,
unfortunately Djinn supports only the Winboard protocol and Don's Similarity Tester works with UCI engines. I might try Wb2UCI, but I had some problems with it in the past.
I think Djinn + wb2uci worked fine for me, but I do not quite remember. It is possible that you will have to change 'go depth 50' to 'go infinite'.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Adam Hair wrote:
ThomasJMiller wrote:
Tom Likens wrote:Hello Thomas,

Djinn is weak, but I know I haven't copied it--that said, I would be very curious who it is most similar to. Could you include it in the test, (latest public version is 0.992)?

thanks,
--tom
Hello Tom,
unfortunately Djinn supports only the Winboard protocol and Don's Similarity Tester works with UCI engines. I might try Wb2UCI, but I had some problems with it in the past.
I think Djinn + wb2uci worked fine for me, but I do not quite remember. It is possible that you will have to change 'go depth 50' to 'go infinite'.
Here is a fine working WB2UCI configuration:

[ENGINE]
Name=Djinn 0.992
Author=Tom Likens, Etat-Unis
Filename=Wb2Uci.exe

[OPTIONS]
Program=djinn992_x64_popcnt.exe
TerminateHard=true
Whitescore=true
LevelExtend=failsafe
InitTime=5
MateScore=100000
Ownbook=true

Just change the name of the .exe file according to your system....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: The main computer chess cancer !

Post by Sylwy »

Is here:

A lot of scientists ! :roll:

SilvianR :wink:
Last edited by Sylwy on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Sylwy wrote:Is here:

Who is here :!: :?:

:D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THE CC SCIENTISTS !

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Sylwy wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

THE CC SCIENTISTS !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

elcabesa wrote:it's has been the most beautiful toy I received, I used lot's of ideas code from stockfish and other open source engines and I alway worried about "being a clone".
Now I'm happy. My engine is not strong but it's not a clone too :)

Marco, do not follow this path.

I indigestible theme clone.
Vajolet is a derivative by Winglet , educational engine by Stef Luijten.

Keep up the good work, but not entangled.
Greetings Jose.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

ThomasJMiller wrote:Will programmers receive toys and candy or coal this Christmas? To find out, let's check Santa's Naughty or Nice List :D
Latest releases of many commercial and free engines have been included together with the most important open source ones.

Testing all the engines and preparing the dendogram has taken a lot of time so I wouldn't like this thread to be moved to the Engine Origins subforum. Therefore, please, avoid making comments like XXX is clone of YYY or so.
Everyone can nowadays read a dendogram, so you can draw your own conclusions by yourself.

Thanks to Adam Hair who helped me improve selfsimilarity results.

Protector 1.5.0 is most similar to Stockfish DD, yet Protector came out first. Therefore not much can be read into that, despite the correlation being less than the 12.5 cutoff mentioned?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Graham Banks wrote:
ThomasJMiller wrote:Will programmers receive toys and candy or coal this Christmas? To find out, let's check Santa's Naughty or Nice List :D
Latest releases of many commercial and free engines have been included together with the most important open source ones.

Testing all the engines and preparing the dendogram has taken a lot of time so I wouldn't like this thread to be moved to the Engine Origins subforum. Therefore, please, avoid making comments like XXX is clone of YYY or so.
Everyone can nowadays read a dendogram, so you can draw your own conclusions by yourself.

Protector 1.5.0 is most similar to Stockfish DD, yet Protector came out first. Therefore not much can be read into that, despite the correlation being less than the 12.5 cutoff mentioned?
In this dendrogram, Protector 1.5.0 is most similiar to the group of Stockfish engines, not necessarily Stockfish DD itself. If we could look at the similarity percentages for each pair, I believe that Protector 1.5.0 would be more similar to SF 2.3.1 than to SF DD.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Adam Hair wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

In this dendrogram, Protector 1.5.0 is most similiar to the group of Stockfish engines, not necessarily Stockfish DD itself. If we could look at the similarity percentages for each pair, I believe that Protector 1.5.0 would be more similar to SF 2.3.1 than to SF DD.
The confidence of the branches cannot be assessed if a bootstrap analysis is not done. Quite likely, this protector similarity is meaningless.

Miguel