Any WinBoard bugs I missed?

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Re: Any WinBoard bugs I missed?

Post by kinderchocolate »

I think the error was the space in Program Files. Your winboard kept on complaining it couldn't find files in the "Files\Winboard-4.7.3" folder.
bob

Post by bob »

kinderchocolate wrote:I think the error was the space in Program Files. Your winboard kept on complaining it couldn't find files in the "Files\Winboard-4.7.3" folder.
Microsoft should be shot for that. I notice that newer versions (at least windows 7 and beyond) came up with a better filename.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

kinderchocolate wrote:I think the error was the space in Program Files. Your winboard kept on complaining it couldn't find files in the "Files\Winboard-4.7.3" folder.
Ah, that means that I probably should add some extra quotes around filenames that the installer creates depending on the install directory specified by the user.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

I uploaded a new 4.8.0 installer, which should fix this problem. (Same link.)

I now put quotes around the ini-file name in all the menu shortcuts the installer creates: winboard -ini "$INSTDIR\WinBoard\winboard.ini" ... I think that should fix it.
sje

SAN issues

Post by sje »

My memory is hazy on this, but I seem to recall that xboard did not always include a trailing a "+" character for a checking move or a trailing "#" character for a checkmating move.

Is this the case with the latest version?