Chess for Android

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Re: Chess for Android

Post by abik »

Patrice Duhamel wrote:Thanks, it was the extra spaces in the command "position startpos ....". My engine accepted only one space, but I fixed it.

I will release the android version later this year when the next version of Cheese is ready.
Glad this is resolved. Also happy to see more and more engines appearing on Android!
Gurcan Uckardes

Post by Gurcan Uckardes »

Fyi Komodo 8 writes a log file if you want it to.
Regarding your engine, it will be welcome to Rapidroid list as soon as released. Thanks in advance.
Patrice Duhamel wrote:Finally I can write in a log file on the android emulator, I thought it was not possible.

Thanks, it was the extra spaces in the command "position startpos ....".
My engine accepted only one space, but I fixed it.

I will release the android version later this year when the next version of Cheese is ready.
My blog for Android users: http://chesstroid.blogspot.com
abik

Post by abik »

Ferdy wrote:I have this issue on log generated by crafty. These games.001 and log.001, game.00n, log.00n will appear in the import engine list. Currently I removed these logs by uninstalling same like an engine. I tried the cleanup logs but the crafty logs are still there.
I added the cleanup logs option exactly the remove all files generated by various engines (mostly crafty). I suspect you have a version where the option is greyed out though. Next version will add this functionality fully.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

abik wrote:
Ferdy wrote:I have this issue on log generated by crafty. These games.001 and log.001, game.00n, log.00n will appear in the import engine list. Currently I removed these logs by uninstalling same like an engine. I tried the cleanup logs but the crafty logs are still there.
I added the cleanup logs option exactly the remove all files generated by various engines (mostly crafty). I suspect you have a version where the option is greyed out though. Next version will add this functionality fully.
That is correct, that button is greyed out.
abik

Post by abik »

Ferdy wrote:That is correct, that button is greyed out.
Next release will add this for you. In the meanwhile, the extremely annoying uninstall of log files as if there were engines is your only option unfortunately.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

abik wrote:
Ferdy wrote:That is correct, that button is greyed out.
Next release will add this for you. In the meanwhile, the extremely annoying uninstall of log files as if there were engines is your only option unfortunately.
Thanks, also perhaps this should have been disabled by Jim when he compiled Crafty as majority of the users do not care about these logs. I cannot even find where these logs are located in my tab :). For now I limit testing against Crafty to around 50 games.
Gurcan Uckardes

Post by Gurcan Uckardes »

On a rooted device, you can go to \data\data\com.google.android.chess\eng folder and sort it with descending date. Then you can delete all logs at once. They will be displayed on top of the list. Do not accidentially delete the engines :-)
My blog for Android users: http://chesstroid.blogspot.com
xmas79

Post by xmas79 »

Gurcan Uckardes wrote:On a rooted device, you can go to \data\data\com.google.android.chess\eng folder and sort it with descending date. Then you can delete all logs at once. They will be displayed on top of the list. Do not accidentially delete the engines :-)
On a non-rooted (and developer enabled) device you can do it too through the shell.