Just Crafty GUI acept my 4 words UCI engine.... why?

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Luis Babboni

Re: Just Crafty GUI acept my 4 words UCI engine.... why?

Post by Luis Babboni »

elpapa
Full name: Patrik Karlsson

Post by elpapa »

Luis Babboni wrote:BTW.... I really can´t understand how to deal with ARENA.... I can´t find where to change sides, where to set wich engine use wich colours, where to set if it is human vs engine or engine vs engine.... near nothing :oops: :oops:
Choose Game Data from the Game menu or press F8.
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

elpapa wrote:
Luis Babboni wrote:BTW.... I really can´t understand how to deal with ARENA.... I can´t find where to change sides, where to set wich engine use wich colours, where to set if it is human vs engine or engine vs engine.... near nothing :oops: :oops:
Choose Game Data from the Game menu or press F8.
Ooops, now I have "Partidas" instead of Game!!
:P

LOL, no, no, I found inmediatly what you said! :)
Now all seems more friendly!
Thanks Patrick!
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Luis Babboni wrote:Juás! Cuando vi que había un motor argentino me alegré y entré a buscar el autor pensando, acá tengo quién me ayude con mis preguntontas.... y después vi que era un trabajo muy profesional y dije, la respuesta va ser simple... me va mandar a aprender C, ni lo molesto! :-D

Un gusto Miguel!
Ya llegaré a la etapa de preguntas más serias y me animaré a molestarte ;-)
Por ahora la sigo peleando con el QB64.

Now in my primitive english:
LOL! when I saw that there is an argentine engine (in fact are two, Gaviota and Chispa) I become happy and start to search about the author thinking I could have someone that help me with my fool questions.... but when I found him, I saw that his work is too professional and then think: "surely he will say me to learn C (that after read about him I know is what he did to programm engines knowing him just Pascal till this moment) so better to not bother him! :-D

Nice to meet you Miguel!
In the future I will reach a step when I could do not as fool question and then I will take the courage to ask you ;-)
For the moment I´m still fighting with QB64 :-D
Besides Gaviota and Chispa, Chronos, Cerebro, Rataaeroespacial, and Numpty are also Argentine engines.

Miguel
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Wow, no few!
Numpty was wrote in FreeBasic!! :-)
I was seeing this engine but not knowing is argentine :D
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

michiguel wrote:
Luis Babboni wrote:Juás! Cuando vi que había un motor argentino me alegré y entré a buscar el autor pensando, acá tengo quién me ayude con mis preguntontas.... y después vi que era un trabajo muy profesional y dije, la respuesta va ser simple... me va mandar a aprender C, ni lo molesto! :-D

Un gusto Miguel!

LOL! when I saw that there is an argentine engine (in fact are two, Gaviota and Chispa) I become happy and start to search about the author thinking I could have someone that help me with my fool questions.... but when I found him, I saw that his work is too professional and then think: "surely he will say me to learn C (that after read about him I know is what he did to programm engines knowing him just Pascal till this moment) so better to not bother him! :-D

Nice to meet you Miguel!
In the future I will reach a step when I could do not as fool question and then I will take the courage to ask you ;-)
Besides Gaviota and Chispa, Chronos, Cerebro, Rataaeroespacial, and Numpty are also Argentine engines.

Miguel
Numpty? I thought that Chris Tatham lived in Great Britain, not the Malvinas Islands :wink:
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Adam Hair wrote:
michiguel wrote:

Un gusto Miguel!

Nice to meet you Miguel!

Miguel
Numpty? I thought that Chris Tatham lived in Great Britain, not the Malvinas Islands :wink:
Yes, but he was born in Argentina, IIRC. But, he must have started writing the engine as a British. So... I am not not sure.

Miguel
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

michiguel wrote:

Miguel
And HeavyChess by Federico Andrés Corigliano.
op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Post by op12no2 »

michiguel wrote: Yes, but he was born in Argentina, IIRC. But, he must have started writing the engine as a British. So... I am not not sure.
Miguel
We exchanged a few tweets recently - he seems to think of it as British.

https://twitter.com/numpty_chess/status ... 7296387072
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

michiguel wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:
michiguel wrote:

Un gusto Miguel!

Nice to meet you Miguel!

Miguel
Yes, but he was born in Argentina, IIRC. But, he must have started writing the engine as a British. So... I am not not sure.

Miguel
Maybe you are right. If Chris does not see this thread, I will ask him.