No Hou!

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

Re: No Hou!

Post by reflectionofpower »

Dirt wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:I think that the right step should be not to allow her to play chess in tournaments for 2 years otherwise more people are going to lose on purpose.
I thing that is much too harsh. Gibraltar might want to reconsider inviting her next year if she doesn't apologize, though.
They should implement some type of punishment though and if she apologizes they should ask her to return in good faith. She is really going to eat "humble pie" though if she does a 180.

If she just said,"I was upset at the pairing procedures and I probably could have done something more constructive to show my disapproval." Everyone would say,ok, this incident is forgotten.

But when you don't confess/apologize to something it just stays with you. Look at the baseball steroid incident. The ones who said,"Yeah, I did the juice" were forgotten about but the ones who vehemently denied it still to this day years later have a cloud over their head.

She did nothing like this but I am just using the concept of trying to avert an obvious incident and what can happen.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
zenpawn

Post by zenpawn »

reflectionofpower wrote:
Dirt wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:I hope she loses her title next time around.
She won't be defending it, so that is pretty much guaranteed.
Oh, I forgot about that. Not wanting to play in Iran.
Actually, pretty sure she withdrew from the ridiculous women's cycle, which rotates between a knock-out tournament and a match, well before the site announcement.
reflectionofpower wrote:Plus I'll say this,"She'll never be a "Judit Polgar" among men.
There's still time. I'm rooting for her.
reflectionofpower

zenpawn wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Dirt wrote:
Actually, pretty sure she withdrew from the ridiculous women's cycle, which rotates between a knock-out tournament and a match, well before the site announcement.
reflectionofpower wrote:Plus I'll say this,"She'll never be a "Judit Polgar" among men.
686 games Judit Polgar has against 2700+ competition. ALL men and she has a pretty damn good record against them too. - Mega Database 2017

Hou Yifan has ZERO games period in the database. Even WGM Krush has games vs. 2700 GM's. She only had one win though but still ... I think she is sexy as hell because she is so down to earth and just herself.

Yifan is going to make herself look really bad by this incident.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
reflectionofpower

zenpawn wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Dirt wrote:
686 games Judit Polgar has against 2700+ competition. ALL men and she has a pretty damn good record against them too. - Mega Database 2017

Hou Yifan has ZERO games period in the database. Even WGM Krush has games vs. 2700 GM's. She only had one win though but still ... I think she is sexy as hell because she is so down to earth and just herself.

Yifan is going to make herself look really bad by this incident.

Lonnie
zenpawn

Post by zenpawn »

reflectionofpower wrote: 686 games Judit Polgar has against 2700+ competition. ALL men and she has a pretty damn good record against them too. - Mega Database 2017

Hou Yifan has ZERO games period in the database.
That's just bizarre! She's one of only four women in history to have crossed the 2600 rating mark (2nd highest ever with her best rating of 2686) and beat Judit in Gibraltar 2012 (is that game not in there?!).
reflectionofpower

zenpawn wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote: 686 games Judit Polgar has against 2700+ competition. ALL men and she has a pretty damn good record against them too. - Mega Database 2017

That's just bizarre! She's one of only four women in history to have crossed the 2600 rating mark (2nd highest ever with her best rating of 2686) and beat Judit in Gibraltar 2012 (is that game not in there?!).
Nope! I could not believe it when I searched her name in the database. I must have tried 3-4 times in case of my error. Absolute ZERO! Seems weird considering she is a WC. Looking for other WGM is not a problem but for some reason she is??

Lonnie
zenpawn

Post by zenpawn »

She's in my old 2005 Big Database. Just her games from the Girls U10 in 2003 and the Mixed U10 in 2004. :) I searched on Hou, Y
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

reflectionofpower wrote:
zenpawn wrote:

Nope! I could not believe it when I searched her name in the database. I must have tried 3-4 times in case of my error. Absolute ZERO! Seems weird considering she is a WC. Looking for other WGM is not a problem but for some reason she is??
Well something is wrong with your database then. I have around 1500 games of her in my database and over 100 are against men over 2700.

Guenther
reflectionofpower

Guenther wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
zenpawn wrote:

Well something is wrong with your database then. I have around 1500 games of her in my database and over 100 are against men over 2700.

Guenther
Mega Database 2017? 6,802,616 games and not one mention of her in it.

Lonnie
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

reflectionofpower wrote: Mega Database 2017? 6,802,616 games and not one mention of her in it.
She has that fifth sense of women.
She knows that you do not want her, she knows that you lonnie, are negative with women.