No Hou!

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

Re: No Hou!

Post by reflectionofpower »

velmarin wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote: Mega Database 2017? 6,802,616 games and not one mention of her in it.
She has that fifth sense of women.
She knows that you do not want her, she knows that you lonnie, are negative with women.

You mean the Sixth sense and I just call them as I see them. Is this database output from Mega Database 2017?? This seems to me to be a simple question.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

reflectionofpower

velmarin wrote:Image
ok, that's from the Player's Database as indicated by the sequential numbering of the progression of whatever player you are looking for.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
zenpawn

Post by zenpawn »

Lonnie, try this: 1) Open the Mega Database in ChessBase, 2) Click the Filter List (magnifying glass) button, 3) Enter Hou as the last name of the white player (first text box) and Yifan as the first name, 4) Ensure "Ignore colours" and "Game data" are checked, then hit OK.

Hope that helps,
-Erin
reflectionofpower

zenpawn wrote:Lonnie, try this: 1) Open the Mega Database in ChessBase, 2) Click the Filter List (magnifying glass) button, 3) Enter Hou as the last name of the white player (first text box) and Yifan as the first name, 4) Ensure "Ignore colours" and "Game data" are checked, then hit OK.

Hope that helps,
-Erin
1,493 games!! of Hou Yifan. That did strike me initially as extremely odd. I was searching Last name Yifan like an other player?

Lonnie
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

reflectionofpower wrote:
Dirt wrote:
Who starts the game with the kingside formation g4 & f3.
Maybe It was a sacrifice.
reflectionofpower

S.Taylor wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Dirt wrote:
Who starts the game with the kingside formation g4 & f3.
Maybe It was a sacrifice.
A sacrifice of indignity. In China this is a no-no. She's 22 years old so in life she is still a baby and she let her emotions rule and she made a stupid PR move for herself and her country.

I never had anything against her before but this latest stint just shows me what a little cry baby she is. Did you ever see Bobby Fischer threw a game because he was pissed off? He simply just withdrew from the tournament while it was ongoing OR he would just take a hiatus from playing.

If she had told the TD I am withdrawing because of this or that then she would have looked much more respectable AND she would've saved face in her culture.

Lonnie
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Bobby Fischer is famous for it! The second game 1972.
reflectionofpower

S.Taylor wrote:Bobby Fischer is famous for it! The second game 1972.
Yes!

Lonnie
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Dirt wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:I think that the right step should be not to allow her to play chess in tournaments for 2 years otherwise more people are going to lose on purpose.
I thing that is much too harsh. Gibraltar might want to reconsider inviting her next year if she doesn't apologize, though.
She should continue the game, maybe by apologizing, but not really! And from what i see on youtubes, that was what she did!

She did what she did! Whether it was a good idea or not, we will know according to what the results are.

If she is banned for 2 years, as per Uri Blass, then that would probably be a BAD outcome.

If a few people will feel a bit angry and cheated, but will forgive her and make a big publicity for years to come, then she will have succeeded!

Women like to get attention from time to time! The stupidity of it might only make it even more cute!