No Hou!

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

Re: No Hou!

Post by reflectionofpower »

S.Taylor wrote:
Dirt wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:I think that the right step should be not to allow her to play chess in tournaments for 2 years otherwise more people are going to lose on purpose.
I thing that is much too harsh. Gibraltar might want to reconsider inviting her next year if she doesn't apologize, though.
She should continue the game, maybe by apologizing, but not really! And from what i see on youtubes, that was what she did!

She did what she did! Whether it was a good idea or not, we will know according to what the results are.

If she is banned for 2 years, as per Uri Blass, then that would probably be a BAD outcome.

If a few people will feel a bit angry and cheated, but will forgive her and make a big publicity for years to come, then she will have succeeded!

Women like to get attention from time to time! The stupidity of it might only make it even more cute!
Where on Youtube did she apologize?
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Lonnie take a break ...
Think about what Kai said, and why ... :?
Laskos wrote: The fact that not a single female posts here shows us our real value. Take it easy.
reflectionofpower

velmarin wrote:Lonnie take a break ...
Think about what Kai said, and why ... :?
Laskos wrote: The fact that not a single female posts here shows us our real value. Take it easy.
I did not see Laskos post and I was just asking a simple question as to where she apologized in a video strictly as a person just wanting to see it.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

reflectionofpower wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:
Dirt wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:I think that the right step should be not to allow her to play chess in tournaments for 2 years otherwise more people are going to lose on purpose.
I thing that is much too harsh. Gibraltar might want to reconsider inviting her next year if she doesn't apologize, though.
She should continue the game, maybe by apologizing, but not really! And from what i see on youtubes, that was what she did!

She did what she did! Whether it was a good idea or not, we will know according to what the results are.

If she is banned for 2 years, as per Uri Blass, then that would probably be a BAD outcome.

If a few people will feel a bit angry and cheated, but will forgive her and make a big publicity for years to come, then she will have succeeded!

Women like to get attention from time to time! The stupidity of it might only make it even more cute!
Quite a few times repeated on youtubes, if you make search (her name with filter of one week). Here is one.

https://youtu.be/OsV4Pf-1U0s
reflectionofpower

S.Taylor wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:
Dirt wrote:

Quite a few times repeated on youtubes, if you make search (her name with filter of one week). Here is one.

Ok, thanks, she made it good then.

Lonnie
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

By the way, one might think she is too stupid to be such a great woman chess player and world champion, but to her credit, it's not all that stupid when you do the math as to how extremely unlikely it is that she was put against 7 female players by completely innocent computer pairings, like what the manager is claiming.

But she is so nice and sweet that she didn't really want to say it too strongly. But that doesn't mean she was stupid and obviously she DID do the math, and it was that which made her want to protest a little!

:wink: Not that stupid.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

And Carlson tweeted it was a protest against Trump!

(Also sounds a bit childish, but there is some subtlety to it too if you think into it, as one should always suspect when said by a very intelligent person or GM).
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

reflectionofpower wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:Where on Youtube did she apologize?

No, she apologized to the fans. She should also apologize to the organizers, especially since she was wrong. Although we don't really if she has or not - it needn't be public.
Deasil is the right way to go.
reflectionofpower

Dirt wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:Where on Youtube did she apologize?

No, she apologized to the fans. She should also apologize to the organizers, especially since she was wrong. Although we don't really if she has or not - it needn't be public.
I am assuming she did. That would be the logical thing to do. Sounds weird saying that as I am on TOS Star Trek S02EP24 and I have heard it many times already. Kirk out! :roll:

Lonnie
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

reflectionofpower wrote:
zenpawn wrote:Lonnie, try this: 1) Open the Mega Database in ChessBase, 2) Click the Filter List (magnifying glass) button, 3) Enter Hou as the last name of the white player (first text box) and Yifan as the first name, 4) Ensure "Ignore colours" and "Game data" are checked, then hit OK.

Hope that helps,
-Erin
1,493 games!! of Hou Yifan. That did strike me initially as extremely odd. I was searching Last name Yifan like an other player?
Chinese players' surnames precede their first names. The Megabase reflects this.