___Rick48___

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

harri200k

___Rick48___

Post by harri200k »

Can any have a Rick48 chess engine download link please.

or send to my email please. harri2008@windowslive.com

it not any moor a private chess engine

http://www.rick48.com

Best Regards: harri200k
Jimbo I

Re: ___Rick48___

Post by Jimbo I »

There seems to be some controversy about this engine on another chess forum site. I'd advise caution.

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/genera ... ake-engine
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

harri200k wrote:Can any have a Rick48 chess engine download link please.

or send to my email please. harri2008@windowslive.com

it not any moor a private chess engine

http://www.rick48.com

Best Regards: harri200k
Seems it is commercial, so what you're asking is piracy.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
tttony

Post by tttony »

According to this: https://www.chess.com/es/forum/view/gen ... ake-engine

It's a fake site
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

tttony wrote:According to this: https://www.chess.com/es/forum/view/gen ... ake-engine

It's a fake site
fake site, fake engine, fake story - the entire thread ( on chess.com) is fake

Just like when Elaine tells Jerry (Seinfeld) at the diner regarding their sex life

....fake, fake , fake, fake

for those who might not know what I am talking about:

fake fake fake fake
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

I contacted the team and they provided me a lot of pgn of rick48 vs various top engines. I analysed one game , stockfish 8 vs rick48 where stockfish lose as white. Both sides played extremely identical to the ASMfish April 2017 version in my computer. However, stockfish 8 played two inaccuracies (0.20 cp loss and 0.45 cp loss) and it lose the game where rick48 played almost identical to my ASM fish throughout the game.

I will be analyzing more games later. If anyone is curious about that engine, you may also contact the team and check yourself.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Nay Lin Tun wrote:I contacted the team and they provided me a lot of pgn of rick48 vs various top engines. I analysed one game , stockfish 8 vs rick48 where stockfish lose as white. Both sides played extremely identical to the ASMfish April 2017 version in my computer. However, stockfish 8 played two inaccuracies (0.20 cp loss and 0.45 cp loss) and it lose the game where rick48 played almost identical to my ASM fish throughout the game.

I will be analyzing more games later. If anyone is curious about that engine, you may also contact the team and check yourself.
What part of "fake, fake, fake, fake" that you don't understand? Save your breath, save your bandwidth and don't waste our time. Thank you.
Scacchista1977
Full name: Aleandro Rossi

Post by Scacchista1977 »

MikeB wrote:
What part of "fake, fake, fake, fake" that you don't understand? Save your breath, save your bandwidth and don't waste our time. Thank you.
The real thing is that in the "historical" site of this mysterious engine they really ask the money and the money really are taken from our account. However, the game's PGN file is now public, if anyone is interested I can post the link.
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

As a consumer, I am interested in that engine and I will possibly buy it if the engine is genuinely stronger than stockfish by 50 +elo , current strongest engine or 3500+ elo according to their claim. It is the seller's ethic/responsibility whether they genuinely own it or hex edit/clone of stockfish etc. At the moment, the game stockfish played in their advertised pgn was somewhat weaker than current stockfish so I am not really impressed with their claim.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Seems the computer chess world is full of scammers like this.

You read the hypey ad copy on his site and combine it with the absolute lack of transparency about the engine's origins or programmer, plus the ad writer's apparent lack of knowledge about how a chess engine works, and its easy to make your own deductions.

He even uses the word "space" to make it sound more cutting-edge in "Active Space Algorithym" and then says "Rick48 outplays his opponents in an invisible way" lol.

Definitely an invisible way.

I hope not too many people were sucked in by this scam.