chess22k 1.3 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

sandermvdb

chess22k 1.3 released

Post by sandermvdb »

Score is now about 2500 elo.
The next few months I am probably not going to work on my engine (if I can control my hobby ;))

https://github.com/sandermvdb/chess22k/releases/tag/1.3

Some background:
Since I started to work on this engine I've used Arena 3.5.1 quite a lot for testing purposes and just to see how my engine behaves. One of the included engines in Arena is Anmon 5.7.5 which used to be way out of reach and a lot of times I thought I would never manage that. Then a couple of months ago I'd won for the first time so Anmon was now my main target. Hopefully with this version I've managed to achieve that goal :)
Graham Banks

Re: chess22k 1.3 released

Post by Graham Banks »

I've restarted my gauntlet with your new version. All 1.2 games will get removed from the list.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
cdani

Post by cdani »

sandermvdb wrote:Score is now about 2500 elo.
The next few months I am probably not going to work on my engine (if I can control my hobby ;))

https://github.com/sandermvdb/chess22k/releases/tag/1.3

Some background:
Since I started to work on this engine I've used Arena 3.5.1 quite a lot for testing purposes and just to see how my engine behaves. One of the included engines in Arena is Anmon 5.7.5 which used to be way out of reach and a lot of times I thought I would never manage that. Then a couple of months ago I'd won for the first time so Anmon was now my main target. Hopefully with this version I've managed to achieve that goal :)
Congratulations! Anmon was also one of the opponents of Andscacs once it arrived to maybe 2300-2400, and was long and difficult to overcome :-)
sandermvdb

Post by sandermvdb »

Graham Banks wrote:I've restarted my gauntlet with your new version. All 1.2 games will get removed from the list.
Thanks! Looking forward to the results :D
sandermvdb

Post by sandermvdb »

I just noticed that this version contains a bug in the razoring implementation which is costing about 100 elo points. Later today I will release 1.3.1 where this is fixed.
sandermvdb

Post by sandermvdb »

Long story short, 1.3 is just fine :lol:
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

sandermvdb wrote:Long story short, 1.3 is just fine :lol:
:)
gbanksnz at gmail.com