chess diagrams utility question

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ferdy

Re: chess diagrams utility question

Post by Ferdy »

Uri Blass wrote:Thanks
I could follow your instruction when it translated correctly b-h to hebrew but for some reason did not translate a.
Perhaps a bug in chrome. Maybe you can try Firefox and other browsers.
I would like to be able to do it for every position that I choose to compose.
and I already found other programs that allow me to compose new positions easily when the problem is only to translate to hebrew.
Did you mean to say that you are not using the chesstempo anymore?
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Ferdy wrote:
I could follow your instruction when it translated correctly b-h to hebrew but for some reason did not translate a.
and I already found other programs that allow me to compose new positions easily when the problem is only to translate to hebrew.
Not for this purpose.

I do not use chess tempo to copy diagrams from it to word and I gave a link to chess tempo only to show what type of diagrams I would like to copy to word.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

It has been a log time since I used MS Word, but I think last time I did, it was possible to embed arbitrary bitmap images in the text. Is that what you want? Or do you want a diagram based on a Chess font?
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

hgm wrote:It has been a log time since I used MS Word, but I think last time I did, it was possible to embed arbitrary bitmap images in the text. Is that what you want? Or do you want a diagram based on a Chess font?
The simple thing is simply to copy diagram and get what I want.

using chess diagrammer I could get what I want except that I got hebrew letters instead of english letters.

I do not know how to copy and paste pictures to this and simply copy and paste that works to a word document does not work here
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Uri Blass wrote:
Ferdy wrote:
Not for this purpose.

I do not use chess tempo to copy diagrams from it to word and I gave a link to chess tempo only to show what type of diagrams I would like to copy to word.
Given an epd/fen file of positions, I can create a python script (using python-chess [hack the code to return Hebrew file coordinate]) that would output a diagram in an svg file,
1 fen per 1 filename of svg format (wacnew1.svg, wacnew2.svg, wacnew3.svg ...), this can then be copy pasted into word using greenshot.

Sample svg output.