Komodo 11 settings

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Re: Komodo 11 settings

Post by lkaufman »

cma6 wrote:The indications for the best settings for very long time controls would likely come from high level correspondence players who could, if so inclined, present anecdotal evidence of what worked best for them.
The problem is that the differencee between optimal settings for correspondence games and our defaults is probably just a few elo points, so anecdotal evidence is useless for such a small difference. If I played correspondence chess, I might raise Selectivity and King Safety from 73 to 75 just on the theory that longer time limits seems to slightly favor higher values for these two terms, but I would not expect to increase the playing strength by even one elo point doing so.
Komodo rules!
cma6

Post by cma6 »

lkaufman wrote:
cma6 wrote:The indications for the best settings for very long time controls would likely come from high level correspondence players who could, if so inclined, present anecdotal evidence of what worked best for them.
The problem is that the differencee between optimal settings for correspondence games and our defaults is probably just a few elo points, so anecdotal evidence is useless for such a small difference. If I played correspondence chess, I might raise Selectivity and King Safety from 73 to 75 just on the theory that longer time limits seems to slightly favor higher values for these two terms, but I would not expect to increase the playing strength by even one elo point doing so.
So for those two parameters, you would stick very close to the Komodo 11.01 defaults for correspondence chess? And what about for Dynamism?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

cma6 wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
So for those two parameters, you would stick very close to the Komodo 11.01 defaults for correspondence chess? And what about for Dynamism?
Since Dynamism includes King Safety, you could raise it slightly instead of raising King Safety, or perhaps raise both a couple points. All of these three terms seem to benefit from slightly higher values going from game in one second to game in one minute (plus tiny inc), but whether this trend continues out to game in many hours is anyone's guess.
Komodo rules!
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

lkaufman wrote:
I...just don't see any of these settings!
I mostly use Chessbase 14, as I like to analyse my games and OTB openings
The default options are:

Contempt = 0

Threads =8

Skill Level = 20

Move Overhead = 30

Minimum Thinking Time = 20

Slow Mover = 89

nodestime = 0

SyzygyProbeDept = 1

SygeryProbeLimit = 6

Hash Size = 128
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

leavenfish wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
I...just don't see any of these settings!
I mostly use Chessbase 14, as I like to analyse my games and OTB openings
The default options are:

Contempt = 0

Threads =8

Skill Level = 20

Move Overhead = 30

Minimum Thinking Time = 20

Slow Mover = 89

nodestime = 0

SyzygyProbeDept = 1

SygeryProbeLimit = 6

Hash Size = 128
Those are Stockfish settings, not Komodo settings!
Komodo rules!
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

:oops: :oops:

Yup...forgot to change Komodo 11.01 to the DEFAULT engine...time for a drink.
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

leavenfish wrote::oops: :oops:

Yup...forgot to change Komodo 11.01 to the DEFAULT engine...time for a drink.
..Or maybe you already had one too many :lol:
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: Need also a setting ...

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Larry,

I am waiting of Komodo 11 ...
Now available and my brain is working with the possibilities of settings.

I need again a hint from you.
After Chiron (still running engine for my book project FEOBOS) I can start Komodo as next.

Komodo 10.3 analyzed with normaly settings the 26.146 balanced opening positions three moves after A00-E99 ECO codes formed. But with 4 threads and 30 mnutes per analysis only. Komodo 10.3 and Stockfish before the FEOBOS project started ... more or less as blunder database check.

Now the question:
With 6 4.3Ghz threads and 4x Hyperthreading, 1 minute per analyzes I need a good setting, good for opening analyzes.

Maybe you can tell me which setting you prefer?

Maybe FEOBOS can help you a bit for your next version of your written book "The Kaufman Repertoire" for White and Black.

I am sure you have a secret setting for opening analyzes! I am looking in the complete early morning in your new version 11.01 but I am absolutely not sure what I have give for a setting!!

Best
Frank

PS:
Possible that all positions you prefer for your next version of your written book can be give on an additional CD-Rom?
shrapnel

Re: Need also a setting ...

Post by shrapnel »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Larry,

I am waiting of Komodo 11 ...
Now available and my brain is working with the possibilities of settings.

I need again a hint from you.
After Chiron (still running engine for my book project FEOBOS) I can start Komodo as next.

Komodo 10.3 analyzed with normaly settings the 26.146 balanced opening positions three moves after A00-E99 ECO codes formed. But with 4 threads and 30 mnutes per analysis only. Komodo 10.3 and Stockfish before the FEOBOS project started ... more or less as blunder database check.

Now the question:
With 6 4.3Ghz threads and 4x Hyperthreading, 1 minute per analyzes I need a good setting, good for opening analyzes.

Maybe you can tell me which setting you prefer?

Maybe FEOBOS can help you a bit for your next version of your written book "The Kaufman Repertoire" for White and Black.

I am sure you have a secret setting for opening analyzes! I am looking in the complete early morning in your new version 11.01 but I am absolutely not sure what I have give for a setting!!

Best
Frank

PS:
Possible that all positions you prefer for your next version of your written book can be give on an additional CD-Rom?
Give me Hint too ! :)
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis