On-line engine blitz tourney June

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

On-line engine blitz tourney June

Post by hgm »

The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for June will take place on:

Saturday June 17, 3pm Boston time (21:00 Amsterdam time)

To connect:

winboard -zp -ics -icshost winboard.nl -icshelper timeseal -fcp ENGINE.exe -fd ENGINEFOLDER -autoKibitz

(for UCI engines, add -fUCI)
MahmoudUthman

Re: On-line engine blitz tourney June

Post by MahmoudUthman »

hgm wrote:The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for June will take place on:

To connect:

winboard -zp -ics -icshost winboard.nl -icshelper timeseal -fcp ENGINE.exe -fd ENGINEFOLDER -autoKibitz

what is the format of the tournament ? I want to participate but my engine isn't fully UCI compliant right yet , maybe I would be able to implement & test the necessary parts ?
Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Post by Sven »

MahmoudUthman wrote:what is the format of the tournament ? I want to participate but my engine isn't fully UCI compliant right yet , maybe I would be able to implement & test the necessary parts ?
Time control is 5 minutes per game plus one second increment per move. Things like opening book, endgame tablebase, multiple cores, or pondering are up to you. What else do you need to know about the format?
jdart

Post by jdart »

I'd recommend you test on a chess server before entering the tourney.

You could try FICS (freechess.org) which has free accounts. Or get HGM to create you one on his server and try to match some of the resident engines.

--Jon
MahmoudUthman

Post by MahmoudUthman »

Sven Schüle wrote:
MahmoudUthman wrote:what is the format of the tournament ? I want to participate but my engine isn't fully UCI compliant right yet , maybe I would be able to implement & test the necessary parts ?
Time control is 5 minutes per game plus one second increment per move. Things like opening book, endgame tablebase, multiple cores, or pondering are up to you. What else do you need to know about the format?
thank you that all I needed to know ,It seems that I'll come last I haven't implemented any of those :).
Last edited by MahmoudUthman on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MahmoudUthman

Post by MahmoudUthman »

jdart wrote:I'd recommend you test on a chess server before entering the tourney.

You could try FICS (freechess.org) which has free accounts. Or get HGM to create you one on his server and try to match some of the resident engines.

--Jon
Thank you, I'll already emailed HGM and he created an account for me , I'll start testing :) .
Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Post by Sven »

MahmoudUthman wrote:
Sven Schüle wrote:
thank you that all I needed to know ,It seems that I'll come last I haven't implemented any of those :).
By "up to you" I meant these are optional, of course. Using an opening book helps but is not required. Same for the other features. All your engine needs is to correctly play a game based on standard (UCI or WB) communication protocol elements, including support of incremental time control, and all you need apart from that is a GUI (probably WinBoard/xboard) that is able to let your engine play on a chess server.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

To connect:

Will be there with the latest McBrain not yet released - this version, 2.5, will be released immediately after the completion of the tourney.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

MikeB wrote:

To connect:

Will be there with the latest McBrain not yet released - this version, 2.5, will be released immediately after the completion of the tourney.

It would be interesting if somebody with big hardware could run Komodo 1101.
nionita

Post by nionita »

To connect:

It is possible that I will be too late at home to join myself. If I manage to stay logged in without beeing timed out, can you please join Barbarossa when the tourney starts?