New DiscoCheck is cooking

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Re: New DiscoCheck is cooking

Post by lucasart »

Gusev wrote:Thank you, Demolito works! The mighty asmFish had to perform a cute knight dance to win,
Don't worry, it's not a bug if it loses to SF. It's also a feature :lol:

How many threads did you use ? What I worry about, more so than losing to SF, is SMP stability. On my machine it seems ok, but with SMP you never know...
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

I forgot to mention something important for rating list testers. Demolito has the following option, which you should probably adjust:

Time Buffer: In milliseconds. Provides for extra time to compensate the lag between the UI and the Engine. The default value is probably too low for most GUIs, and only suitable for high performance tools like cutechess-cli.

DiscoCheck uses 100ms. If you use a very slow GUI, such as Arena, even that may not be enough. You probably need 1sec with Arena.
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
Gusev

Post by Gusev »

I used 8 threads on a 4-core machine.
lucasart wrote:
Gusev wrote:Thank you, Demolito works! The mighty asmFish had to perform a cute knight dance to win,
Don't worry, it's not a bug if it loses to SF. It's also a feature :lol:

How many threads did you use ? What I worry about, more so than losing to SF, is SMP stability. On my machine it seems ok, but with SMP you never know...