Kasparov back again!!!!! I didn't know!

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

S.Taylor

Kasparov back again!!!!! I didn't know!

Post by S.Taylor »

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/232093

I used to have the impression that how ever great Kasparov was, even maybe the greatest who ever lived, he was more like a personality than a perfect chess player. As if he just muscled through with great energy to win everything, and that people were resigned to him winning.
Dann Corbit

Re: Kasparov back again!!!!! I didn't know!

Post by Dann Corbit »

Kasparov is one of my very favorite chess players.

Morphy, Capablanca, Fischer, Tal, Kasparov are the most fun for me (probably forgetting one or two). All of them play exciting chess.

I am glad that he is going to play a tournament. I guess he will still be really, really good.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Never seen Capablanca playing exciting chess.
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

Never seen Capablanca to begin with :D
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

Henk wrote:Never seen Capablanca playing exciting chess.
Henk , you write always nonsenses , it's boring
Capa was a very good player in his time .I relayer many beautiful games played by him .
Google is your friend !!
http://www.chessgames.com/player/jose_r ... lanca.html
Isa download :
Henk

Post by Henk »

I've a book in my house which I bought many years ago about Capablanca and it's chess games and I didn't like it that much. But it's only my opinion. I think games of Anderson, Steinitz and Nimzowich are more interesting. Not a fan of Kasparov.

Maybe I'll find games of Tartakower interesting too. But didn't take time to find out.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Henk wrote:I've a book in my house which I bought many years ago about Capablanca and it's chess games and I didn't like it that much. But it's only my opinion. I think games of Anderson, Steinitz and Nimzowich are more interesting. Not a fan of Kasparov.

Maybe I'll find games of Tartakower interesting too. But didn't take time to find out.

I don't think that games played by anderson, steinitz, nimzowich or tartakower would look very interesting, if they were in their prime today. It's only because the opposition were nuts.
Henk

Post by Henk »

S.Taylor wrote:
Henk wrote:I've a book in my house which I bought many years ago about Capablanca and it's chess games and I didn't like it that much. But it's only my opinion. I think games of Anderson, Steinitz and Nimzowich are more interesting. Not a fan of Kasparov.

I don't think that games played by anderson, steinitz, nimzowich or tartakower would look very interesting, if they were in their prime today. It's only because the opposition were nuts.
Current games are probably partly pre-calculated by computers. So you can skip first eighteen moves.

Also I'm a bad chess player myself so I probably don't recognize if opposition is playing bad and I'm too lazy to use a computer to find out.
gerold

Post by gerold »

Frank (Ross) Anderson was a very exciting chess player. I met him in 1965 in MacArthur park in L.A. Ca.
He played there quite often 1965-1966.
Really a likable fellow. I didn't get to play him but many of my friends that i played chess with at the park played him.
At that time my chess rating was not very high and Anderson would play the top players around L.A. who would meet at the park just about every day.
Henk

Post by Henk »

gerold wrote:

Frank (Ross) Anderson was a very exciting chess player. I met him in 1965 in MacArthur park in L.A. Ca.
He played there quite often 1965-1966.
Really a likable fellow. I didn't get to play him but many of my friends that i played chess with at the park played him.
At that time my chess rating was not very high and Anderson would play the top players around L.A. who would meet at the park just about every day.
I meant (Karl Ernst) Adolf Anderssen. That's not the one who wrote a fairy tale about an ugly pawn that transformed into a beautiful queen.