Kasparov back again!!!!! I didn't know!

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Re: Kasparov back again!!!!! I didn't know!

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

Henk wrote:I've a book in my house which I bought many years ago about Capablanca and it's chess games and I didn't like it that much. But it's only my opinion. I think games of Anderson, Steinitz and Nimzowich are more interesting. Not a fan of Kasparov.

Maybe I'll find games of Tartakower interesting too. But didn't take time to find out.
I don't understand Andersen games.

on the other hand, Capablanca games make perfect sense, although at times he seems to play rather weak.

btw., looking at the phenomenal Capablanca-Alekhine match, what a low quality of games, compared to, say, Karpov-Kasparov.

engines say, in Karpov-Kasparov match, most of the moves are blunders...
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

gerold wrote:
Henk wrote:I've a book in my house which I bought many years ago about Capablanca and it's chess games and I didn't like it that much. But it's only my opinion. I think games of Anderson, Steinitz and Nimzowich are more interesting. Not a fan of Kasparov.

Maybe I'll find games of Tartakower interesting too. But didn't take time to find out.
Frank (Ross) Anderson was a very exciting chess player. I met him in 1965 in MacArthur park in L.A. Ca.
He played there quite often 1965-1966.
Really a likable fellow. I didn't get to play him but many of my friends that i played chess with at the park played him.
At that time my chess rating was not very high and Anderson would play the top players around L.A. who would meet at the park just about every day.
do they only play in parks in America? :)

even when it rains?
mhull
Full name: Matthew Hull

Post by mhull »

Henk wrote:Never seen Capablanca playing exciting chess.
Capablanca games to me are clean and efficient, applying exactly the right amount of effort, no more, no less, to achieve the result.

His calm, deft parry against the inaugural Marshall Attack is a case in point.
Matthew Hull